❄ WHAT IF: A FANFIC︱CRAZY ❄

⬦⬥Reviewed by:  LordsSwordBook Title: What if; A Harry Potter FanfictionAuthor's Name: Demiwitch_Fangirl

⬦⬥
Reviewed by:  LordsSword
Book Title: What if; A Harry Potter Fanfiction
Author's Name: Demiwitch_Fangirl

⬦⬥

Title: 4/10

Questions can be very intriguing in a title, especially in certain genres. However, the question 'what if' lacks force because it doesn't say what the 'if' is. This makes the title a little vague.
Tips:
Maybe think of what exactly the 'if' is, and play off of that.
For example: a big 'if' in your story is the Coronavirus and online learning. So maybe something like 'Online Magic'?

Cover: 7/10

I love the contrast between the white and blue effects and the rest of the cover. It's simply gorgeous looking. The words are legible too, which is very important. The problem is with the rest of the cover. It's hard to make out what's going on there because it's all almost the exact same shade. What I can make out seems to be a dementor ... a plague and a wreath thing in the center ... and something wooden. Possibly the front of an old ship or a bridge or something. I don't know what of these I'm supposed to be looking at: the flames or something I can barely make out. The lack of a definable focus makes it hard to feel intrigued.

Tips:

One thing you can do is go to the lower layers and change the contrast so that the images are more definable. Or you can remove most of that darkened stuff to leave the flame effect and a bit more.

Blurb: 10/10

I love the blurb. Good blurbs introduce the situation and then get you to ask a question. Most of what I've seen tends to add tension, but yours adds a mysterious vibe, which is fresh and leaves me just as curious as if you went for the tension.

Plot/Flow: 12/20

One problem most authors have when writing a first chapter is to find a way to introduce a character and their world, their 'norm' and keeping it exciting enough to hook the reader.

You do this successfully. Unfortunately, later chapters do not keep with what seems to be the main characters (Rowan, Ashley, and Johnathon), which makes those chapters seem a bit aimless.

Overall, I have no idea what your plot is except what's mentioned in the blurb. As it is only chapter 3, it's fine that it hasn't kicked off yet, however, I would have liked to see threads of the plot by now.matter.