❄ GAIA | ALEX ❄

Author: howtypical

Book title: Gaia

Reviewer: Iuminology

Cover: 7/10

The font and the color are really pretty, but the earthy green color makes your cover less vibrant and eye-catching.

Title: 10/10

Your title is good and self-explanatory. I like how it is similar to other superhero titles where it's only the superhero's name.

Blurb/Description: 6/10

Your blurb is very straightforward and gets the point of the story across. However, I think there might be a little bit too much information since it feels like an info dump rather than something that will hook the reader into the story.

Creativity and originality: 10/10

I found it interesting how you approached this story as equal parts coming-of-age and superhero. I also like how your story is super unique, with both characters that are so different and a suspense-filled plot that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Plot and Flow: 18/20

The flow is good, but the beginning of the story was super slow and, at times, even boring. Compared to the rest of the novel, there wasn't enough substance to keep me interested. However, as the story progressed, everything got more intense and intriguing.

Character Development: 10/10 

The characters were amazingly well done! I loved how relatable and human Sassy is, and I loved how character-focused the plot was and how Sassy changed from the beginning to the end.

Writing style, Grammar, spelling, etc.: 10/10

Your writing is really descriptive and uses a lot of pretty adjectives. It's also very straightforward and easy to picture. The grammar and spelling are super on point! I also loved the way you wrote dialogue and how conversations just flowed together!

Overall: 71/80

The start of your story was a bit slow since there wasn't too much happening, but the more I read, the more interesting everything became and the more I liked it! The descriptive language was beautiful and your writing was still concise and easy to understand! I also found it so interesting that Sassy had earth powers since there aren't too many unique superheroes with earth-based powers.

Tips – These are just friendly suggestions from one writer to another ~

I think it would be cool to add some more motifs and figurative language. It'd also be interesting to have some objects/symbols that remain consistent from the beginning to the end of the story, but the perspective around it changes.