❄ CHASING AFTER YOU︱NISHA ❄

⬦⬥

⬦⬥

Reviewed by: mikrokosmostae
Book Title: Chasing After You
Author's Name: beckaml

⬦⬥

(This is an opinion of an individual, which may not coincide with the masses. The individual's taste, thinking, and way of perception will definitely be different).

Cover: 9/10!

Sweet and simple, just like this story. It isn't glamorous but has the right amount of spark to attract a reader.

Title: 10/10!

One of the most smartest titles I have ever seen! I only realised the Easter egg when you mentioned it in your fun fact and also, how you changed it to 'Chasing after her' (which I am guessing can be interpreted as Chasing after Hazel?). In conclusion, it is perfectly fitting to your story!

Blurb/Description: 8/10!

I wished to see a little more in your blurb. The only sentence which did evoke a question was why doesn't Cayden trust women anymore – but other than that, maybe use complex sentences or add a little more to it so that a reader would want to read it without thinking of it as a cliché story.

Creativity and originality: 9/10!

The whole cat and mouse chase always intrigues me – all of the incidents and the premise you have set beautifully weaves a romantic plot. Kudos to your creativity! The whole high school romance may sound a bit cliché (especially after your blurb), but the way you have handled the story brings out so many new elements.

Plot and Flow: 20/20!

I am in love with your plot – especially in this genre. It is so innocent, raw love that we see in this story that tugs some strings in my heart. The fun facts are really amazing and sometimes funny – it feels like you are chatting with your readers. The way you have kept everything PG-13, and there is nothing, nothing that could be termed as 'mature' actually warms my heart – there are pure stories out there too!

There is no heavy drama, just pure storytelling – something I haven't read in a while.

One suggestion is that in one note, you explained why Cayden's mother left. I believe (and this is just my opinion), that if the detail is insignificant enough to be put in the main plot, there is no need for it in the 'Note' section. And if, it is important enough for readers to know about it, then put it in your main plot. And if you feel the readers may not understand the actual snippet, tweak your main plot so that the story of his mother is clear without even taking the words like 'divorce' or 'she fell for another man'.

If you look at published stories, you won't see them explaining a part in a plot, however small or insignificant it may be, in an author's note.

Another thing I noticed was when you showed us the real reason why Cayden doesn't trust women, I actually didn't know we were in the past, or in a flashback. It is always advisable to put a small reminder regarding it – whenever you are explaining a past about a character or a situation.

Character Development: 10/10!

The characters, all of them, support each other and push the story forward. (I love your specials btw!) I love how you don't put unnecessary drama between the characters, and how no one is actually evil. They all want to help the two leads to be happy, together.

I love Cayden's determination to get her back, and Hazel's dedication, that even after such a heart-breaking rejection, she couldn't love him any less.

Writing style, Grammar, spellings, etc.: 10/10!

Your writing style is pure storytelling – you love to describe your characters, you give them so many peculiarities which help us to relate to them, and in no manner did I find it to be extra. You wrote what you knew, you wrote what you wanted to show us. The descriptions and narration are on point, none of the things feel like they shouldn't be there or it is just extending the plot.

Grammatical mistakes were close to zilch, except for a few missing words in chapter 13. I must say you have done a great job at editing.

Genre relevance: 10/10!

One of the most cutest, and true to its core teen fiction I have read till now <3

Reader enjoyment and Communication with the readers: 10/10

Every step of the story seems to be a stepping stone towards the readers, it is as if the author is walking hand in hand with us, guiding us at every step.

Overall: 96/100

If you want a drama-free, good romance/chase story, with the toppings of crazy but helpful friends, then you have stumbled upon one of the top choices.