❄ THALASSOPHILE | CRAZY ❄

⬦⬥

⬦⬥

Reviewed by: LordsSword
Book Title: Thalassophile
Author: rizalunaetic

⬦⬥

Title: 2/10

I would advise not having a title that readers might have to look up. Additionally, longer, more scientific words, like one ending in -phobia or -phile, simply do not carry the same impact as a simpler title would.

Tips:

If you want a single word title, I'd suggest picking one that is shorter and carries more weight. For example, I've seen a lot of books or chapters on Wattpad titled 'Philophobia', with the implication that something happened to the character to cause them to fear love. Some weightier titles for such a book could be 'Broken' or 'Defiled'. Paired with a good cover and blurb (and a genre I'm interested in), I could see a book called 'Defiled' being interesting enough for me to pick it up. Such a title holds power.

In your case, from what you have so far, your book is about an artist wizard falling in love with a werewolf. It's always a good idea to have a title related to your character, and your main one is the artist, so maybe something along the lines of 'Painted' is more what you're looking for.

There's also the question of whether or not you want a one word title. Longer titles give you more options to specify the vibe of your story. A single word can be weighty, but a phrase or a three word title can be targeted.

'Painted by Desire' signals a possible romance and 'Painted by Lies' could mean a thriller, and both can be very compelling in those specific genres. Even though your story is a fanfiction, it's a good idea to consider what other genres your story would fit in. There are unspoken rules for titles and covers for different genres, and it's a good idea to be aware of them.

Cover: 4/10 

May I just say, your cover is gorgeous. I love it. It's beautifully made, but it has a major issue/ It doesn't seem to fit in with the Harry Potter world or the genre of Harry Potter. That's my main issue with it. Secondary to that, is your title. Part of the title is cut off on the left side.

Tips:

Your cover seems to say young adult paranormal romance, whereas Harry Potter is more of a teen contemporary fantasy adventure novel. The main difference between 'paranormal' and 'contemporary fantasy' is that 'contemporary fantasy' has mythical beings (werewolves, vampires, etc.) and magic in modern scenarios, whereas 'paranormal' has weird, unnatural happenings, that aren't tied to 'magic' or myths.