❄ LIVING IN THE SHADOWS | SILVER ❄

Reviewer: PeterPan2210
Reviewee: heyennbee
Story reviewed: Living in the shadows
                                _ _ _
                Overall comments

Literally, speechless. It was great and like omjesus the descriptions were pretty awesome too.

                               _ _ _

Cover:
10/10

That cover was **chef's kiss** Blended covers are like some of my favorites because they're neat as whiskey.

Title:
10/10

I couldn't quite understand why you'd named your story that but I did realize it later and that was good. Moreover, it also hinted at the character's lowkey anti-social or rather 'let's just stay away from drama' personality. Plus the title sounds strangely intriguing, I wonder why...

Description
10/10

It's vague enough to keep me hanging but revealing enough to give me a taste. I really liked that.

Plus it is what it is- well described.

You haven't revealed all the characters like most people do in their descriptions. It's just all about Red and a forbidden romance and something lowkey dangerous and it's all very vague but not like overtly vague. It gives information but not too much information. So I really liked it.

On top of it all, there's no grammar mistakes or punctuation issues with the short description either, which, at least for me, is the chocolate on the fudge (I neither eat cherries nor cakes).

Basic plot:
9.5/10

It's different from most b×b books.

Most b×b books have a closeted bad guy and stuff and a good guy who's bullied. I like that your main character is like any other boy, who's not like constantly bullied or something and neither is V bullied. Neither of them are complete assholes nor do they lack a social life. Neither of them are like complete jocks nor completely emo nor completely soft nor typical nerds. They're a mix of everything which is what I think real life people are like.

So your plot is lowkey college reality mixed with wattpad madness, which is great.

Then there's the entire 'moving continents' part with a 'mysterious past' thing going on which again is really interesting and keeps the story moving well enough.

Mostly, this book is Lgbt and set in India, which I respect a lot.

[Edit: It's not set in India apparently and I didn't even realise it. So, note of importance, make the setting of the story clear and for that I'm reducing 1/2 a point.]

I'm interested in reading more of this book.

Content:
10/10

Not only is your plot great, your content delivers too. The witty commentary by all the characters, V's personality development, Red's personality portrayal, his friendships and the vague mentions of his spectrum of interests **cough** violence and V **cough**. It's all really well written.

The scenes are really interesting too, the writing style was breathtaking. There's barely any improvement needed honestly. The dialogues were smooth, the conversations had an amazing flow. The entire dream sequence in the third chapter (I think) was so good.

The random clichés which would usually be the death of me, actually were executed very pleasantly.

Oh and I love CoD.

Of course, it's reader subjectivity and so just because I liked it, doesn't mean others will. But I liked it and you asked for my opinions so there's that.

Pace + Sequence:
9.5/10

It kind of felt like you were dragging it but okay, that didn't make much of a difference.

Grammar + Punctuation + Tense:
8.5/10

It was surprisingly awesome. A few mistakes here and there but okay (I found like two or three mistakes in the Prologue). A few misplaced commas but those can be corrected by looking it over once.

Structuring/Tone + Voice
9.5/10

All fine but I had some issues with the structuring and stuff. Nothing bad enough to be pointed out. Read it over, you'll know what I mean by awkward structuring.

Originality:
9.5/10

I haven't read the entire book, but it sounds original from what I've gathered as of yet.

Reader enjoyment:
9/10

The one off is because the number of chapters in the book kept putting me off. Tbh, I'm intimidated by wattpad books that have more than 30 chapters.

Overall score:
95.5/100

Great job omjesus!

Now for the apologies. I'm terribly sorry for the late review. Well, to be completely honest, there were two reasons as to why I kept your book un-reviewed for so long.

Firstly, I had practicals and tests at school, being a science major in 12th grade and all. I really couldn't find the time to actually read over the book and review it.

Secondly, as I said, I'm intimidated by any book that has more than 30 chapters. Surprisingly enough, one of my favorite books on wattpad has 80 chapters but regardless of that, I apologize for being late. The only reason I kept you waiting was because it's 55 chapters long and I don't usually go for books that are that long and are still being updated.

At any rate, my excuses are flimsy and I apologize.

Thank you for choosing me. Please rate this review on a scale of 5 based on how useful it was and suggest improvements, if any.