❄ BOUNDLESS | ALEX❄

Book title: Boundless

Author: CoffeeAndSilverInk

Reviewed by: Iuminology

Cover: 10/10

I love the cover and overall aesthetic of the story! Everything matches really well with the story, especially the banners that you chose to put in the beginning of chapters!

Title: 9.5/10

The title fits with your story, but it's a very common story name.

Blurb/Description: 10/10

The description was very interesting and managed to hook me into the story. I think it's just the right amount of information and mystery to attract a reader and for them to be aware of what the story will entail.

Creativity and originality: 9/10

I found your story to be very creative, especially the characters. They were each very unique and well written. I also found how you chose to begin the story with the main characters not falling in love, and instead having them be in a relationship with other people. I've never seen a romance story do that! However, the coffee shop aspect, while extremely fun and adorable, is not super original, which is totally fine since the way you approach it is with the uniqueness of the characters and their stories.

Plot and Flow: 14/20 

I understand what you're doing with how Andrew is dating Alice instead of Nicole and how the two main characters don't particularly have any romantic interest in each other, but the flow of this entire plot point is really slow, which can make readers lose interest faster. Other than that, I really like the plot and how you are intertwining all of the character arcs.

Character Development: 10/10

I love the characters! Everything about them is so well done. Something that really stood out to me was how relatable and realistic the characters were, especially how its really hard to figure out how to help someone dealing with something traumatic. Another thing that struck me was how you weren't afraid to show the flaws of characters. You really made them dynamic in 3D which made them super interesting to read!

Writing style, Grammar, spellings, etc.: 8/10

I think this might me a translation error but some sentences were phrased weirdly. For example, "He was not a rebel by nature or fueled by the fun and joy of the illicit, but an act of liberation and freedom against the ones who dictated his life." The second part of the sentence (after the comma), is missing a subject and a verb. It would be better written as:

"He was not a rebel by nature or fueled by the fun and joy of the illicit, but it was an act of liberation and freedom against the ones who dictated his life."

Other than that, the writing style is really descriptive (which I love!!), and the imagery allows me to very clearly imagine everything that happens.

Overall: 70.5/80 

I really liked the book and the overall plot. The entire ambience and aesthetic of your writing was so beautiful and perfectly fit the story. Despite certain things not being super original, the way you approached it and the characters 10000% made up for it! I loved the characters and how dynamic they were and how interesting and unique your plot was. Although I found the flow to be quite slow, I loved the original way you had the characters meet and interact with each other (it felt much more realistic, especially the reasons Andrew and Alice dated and how you also focused on Jenny and Miguel and how they broke up but still care for each other). There were some grammatical errors that drove me away from being fully immersed in the story, but those are easy fixes and your story and writing style definitely make up for it.

Tips 

I think that the flow of your story is really slow, which made me begin to lose a bit of interest, and then sometimes the flow would pick up and be super intriguing. A good way to make the slower parts of your story interesting would be to figure out what is important to the story and leave out other things that are unnecessary. For example, if you have a character making pizza and then going into detail about making the pizza, if it is not necessary to the plot cut it out. Another way is to figure out how to make whatever you realize is unnecessary, or necessary to the plot (this is especially useful if you like the sentence).