❄ HOLD MY HAND | ARI ❄

Reviewed by - @AlateSchmetterlingBook -  Hold my handAuthor - Geri1000

Book - Hold my hand
AuthorGeri1000

Cover- 8/10

I liked the cover! It's vibrant, it's catchy, the color combinations are nice, and the holding hands for 'hold my hand' is just perfect. One thing I'd suggest you change is the font and color of your title because it's merging with the background. Rest of the cover is really pretty!

Title- 8/10

The title is good too. It tells that the story is about giving support, being there for someone, helping them through their tough times, and just simply holding their hand. A simple, completely accurate title! But one thing that's confusing me is, is the person ASKING someone to hold their hand, or are they TELLING someone to hold their hand? Please try to clear that up :)

Blurb/description- 9/10

The blurb is highly captivating! It gave just enough and simply was...I don't have a word but yeah I felt like I HAD to read this story! I mean, the way you have used the words, the way you frame sentences, the way you simply write, is mesmerizing! The blurb encouraged me to read the story as soon as possible, and I DID! But there was a teeny tiny catch because of which I deducted a mark. That is, up until the part where Alina and Ender meet, everything was relatable with the blurb, but the rest of the blurb, with all that magic part and all the other things, it just felt like you were boasting about the story a bit. Like, there is no real 'magic' till the 6th chapter, and I read an extra chapter too, but nothing I could relate to with the remaining part of the blurb. Try to sort that out. Although I still mean what I had said, I really admire your writing style!

Creativity/Originality- 8/10

Now THIS had me wondering. Where some part of your story was highly unique, the other part was something I've read in MANY books. Take for example, the part where we get to know that Alina's aunt and Ender's parents were really good friends, or the fact that Alina and Ender go to the same university, these things are quite predictable, and are highly common, so yeah, originality here was a bit wobbly, but CREATIVITY!

God, the way you so creatively, so beautifully describe your surroundings, or the feelings, that's so damn good! It had me hooked all the time, reading about all that. I mean it when I say that I could visualise every setting, and that's admirable! Basically, I loved how you used the WORDS creatively, and that honestly helped sail this boat A LOT.

Plot/flow- 17/20

Your plot was good, about a girl overpowering her fears, overcoming them with the help of loved ones, and it was quite inspirational too! I liked your plot.

Now, I think that your story was a bit too fast paced at some places, and a bit too slow paced at other places. Sometimes, your setting description (which is BEAUTIFUL really) overpowers the plot, or the dialogue, or the FEEL between the characters which sometimes leads to a slow paced story for we cannot see the development, and sometimes the developments are so sudden that we can't fix our fingers over it, it's tough to understand how this happened. That is the only thing I could find that had room for improvement, though, cause nothing else was less than perfect!

Character development- 8/10

Ah, finally! Now, I have a BIG question. How did Alina and Ender go from bumping into each other at a park to being a lovey dovey couple? See dear, development is good, but superfast development often leads to confusions!

Okay the individual character development was perfect, no doubt about that! Every person introduced had a significance and proper character arc, but the only thing odd to me was HOW did Ender and Alina's relationship develop so quickly? See in a story, it is preferred that you show the process of the development instead of doing it and giving the final result. I mean, I don't understand how in one chapter they were on their 1st date and in the next Alina had to go to Ender's christmas party! I request you, please show their relationship development cause that too is a huge part of character development.

And I cross my heart, I CAN NOT find any other point needing improvement! You really have a stellar story!

Writing style, grammar etc- 9/10

Reading this story has been a huge pleasure, mainly because of your writing style! Its so beautiful and so smooth that I felt myself flowing with the words. How you used words, how you titled every chapter, it's just BEAUTIFUL, cause I don't have any other word!

Now, your grammar, like the entire grammar, was up to the mark! There are just a few errors which can be easily fixed, I'll suggest you get your book edited!

Genre relevance- 8/10

The book is teen fiction, accepted, but I feel like it comes more under the romance category, because teenage in high school is a bit more relevant than teenage in university, cause the mental growth is pretty much complete when we hit 18s, or maybe that's what *I* think. Anyways, although I think this was more of a romance, it can come under teen fiction too! Cause yeah, it's about a teen girl!

Reader's enjoyment- 9/10

I LOVED the story! Really, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and despite the few grey spots of this story, the diamond wasn't suppressed! It is a really cute, sometimes funny, sometimes cliche story, and its like you served it all to me in a gold platter! Now how can I say no to that!

But honestly I really liked your book and the way you write! I'm 200% sure that after a little editing your book will be even more amazing than it already is!

Keep up the hard work!

Overall- 84 /100

I really enjoyed reviewing your book! And you'll always have my good wishes with you and I'm sure that this book is gonna be a big hit!

I'll personally suggest you edit it once and get more reviews too, and enter many awards!

I'm sure your book will do great!

Now, lemme end on an optimistic note, don't feel disheartened by some of the errors I pointed out, cause that is MY perspective, and it practically doesn't mean the world, right? Although, do gather more opinions and work accordingly. NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN YOUR STORY!

Lots of good wishes!

_Yara

Thank you for visiting "Scripturient : A review shop"

We hope you had a good experience!If you want to give your story for editing and enhance it, then please visit "Evermore : An editing shop" which can be found on our very profile. The link can be found here >>>
Do fill out a form if you're interested, Thank you! 

 The link can be found here >>>Do fill out a form if you're interested, Thank you!