❄ CHOICES | CASSIE ❄

Book Title: Choices

Author's Name: unheard_tales

Reviewed by: FmEver

The review was edited by theglitchproject

Cover

There are a lot of things happening on the cover and the images distract from the title.

Title

The title isn't unique; There are many stories on Wattpad with this title or this word on their title. It's also not very descriptive and it could fit many stories.

Blurb/Description

It's well-written and all the paragraphs flow nicely. However, it's very long and too descriptive.

Creativity and originality

I read a comment from one of your readers saying that the story seems like a spin-off of one of theirs so I don't know how original this story is. However, it doesn't remind me of anything I've read before.

Plot, Flow and Character Development

The story is confusing. First of all, there are a lot of characters. Most of the times (the only exception is the young woman/child), characters come and go without you showing who they are. In the first chapter, there were a lot of different stories and then, the characters didn't show any kind of background in chapter 2. I guess, that all characters connect or will connect at some point, but right now, after having read the first five chapters, I couldn't connect with the characters.

I believe the main problem is the narration style. While you are very good at describing emotions, you insist on narrating. I understand that it might be your preferred writing style but it didn't help me understand the story. I didn't feel as if I was part of the story because I didn't know the thoughts or the background of the characters.

By the way, you didn't have to include three paragraphs of the paper about wild animals.

Grammar, spellings, etc.

The grammar was correct and I liked the vocabulary you used in most cases.

I found a couple of spelling mistakes. For example, it's "nonetheless", not "none the less".

Genre relevance

I would probably put it under general fiction and not chick lit.

Overall

I believe the story is interesting but you use a lot of information and characters in the first chapters. You should give more time and space to show the characters as you did with the little girl. Also, it would be helpful to join book clubs because you'll get more feedback and different opinions to improve your story and see it from another perspective.