❄ G.U.D: RISE OF THE TRADE | SARA ❄

Book Title: G.U.D: Rise of the Trade

Author: S_R_Patra

Genre: crime fiction

Reviewer: -forever-summer-

i) Cover: 4/10
The cover seemed confusing to me. A lot was going on in the cover that I didn't really understand what you had wanted to convey via the cover. I loved the font you used though. It was perfect and gave the thriller vibes. The title and your name were beautiful and clear on the cover.

ii) Title: 10/10
The title was perfect. Since your book talks about illegal trading and how the police try to stop them, this title is just perfect and piques the interest of the readers who read these types of books.

iii) Blurb: 6/10
The blurb was written well. The build-up of setting and tension for the readers was so beautiful. There are two things that I wish you did differently or better.

Firstly, You could've tried to arrange the paragraph neatly and maintained the space properly between the paragraphs. It is just maintaining the blurb neat and not looking like it is cluttered with a lot of information because it is not. You've written it well and given away exactly the amount of information that needs to be given.

Secondly, I felt like you've just translated it from the local language. There isn't a proper flow to the words. You can use a lot of sites to make sure your writing contains fewer mistakes and it doesn't look odd to the readers. It will also help you improve your writing.

iv) Plot: 7/10
The plot was good and new. I loved your thought process behind it. I understand your idea behind making it like a movie. It was interesting and got me hooked on it real soon. It just needed tweaking for it to get better. Pull some cliffhangers, drag a bit of the plot, extend their conversations, and pre-planning your story helps with these.

v) Writing flow and pace: 6/10
The flow and the pace of your book are great. The plot wasn't rushed and we were able to get the idea of where it was going and you guided us through the plot well. But the flow of reading was disrupted a lot. I got lost a lot while reading your book. Though I understood your plot, I wasn’t able to follow you at times.

For example:

"Yes, Dada!" A young fellow politely shouted, locking the door of the hall.

The jeeps came to a stop as soon as they entered the village.

In the first part, the setting is set in the school as is mentioned in the later parts but the second part, suggests that the jeeps halt at the village entrance. I know this is set like a movie and I understand that the scene shift is seen in movies. In books, there are no visuals to back us up. So you as an author must help us visualise them by explaining. The sudden change will confuse the readers. So be careful on that part.

vi) Writing Style: 4/10
Your writing style is nice, but it could be a lot better. I felt like you chose to settle with simpler vocabulary, and limited information. The more you share, the more readers could imagine and for that you would need to improve your vocabulary. Try not to repeat any words in the same paragraph. You can use websites like thesaurus, if you need help finding a perfect word that would match the current words.

Make sure there's not a lot of shift between scenes in a single chapter. If there is, try dividing them with symbols in between, so as to not confuse the readers.

Since you're writing from a third person perspective, you will have to give a lot of information because the readers won't be able to connect with the characters well. There aren't any feelings shared between the characters and the readers, so you will have to explain their intentions and interests more carefully and help them connect without overwhelming the readers.

vii) Character development: 5/10
As I said earlier, since you're writing from a third person perspective, you need to explain a little more for the readers to connect with the characters and understand them fully. If that's improved you're great at this part.

viii) Grammar and punctuation: 8/10
There weren't any grammatical mistakes that disrupted the flow of reading but I did find a few punctuation errors. Not much that can't be fixed by a good editing. There are a lot of people on Wattpad who could help you with that.

ix) Creativity: 8/10
Your plot is creative, I love your thought process, if you could improve on your writing style, your book would be excellent.

x) Genre relevance: 6/10
Though the book revolves around crime, using a genre that would fit into the main genres of the Wattpad genres would help your book get more recognition. It is a great book that just needs a little tweaking.

Total: 64/100

Your book is really good. If you work on your blurb, your cover and your writing style, your book will be better. To improve your writing style you need more time and practice. So please keep writing and reading books. All the best. These are just my personal opinions, If you need any help or have doubts regarding your review. Don't hesitate to contact me.