❄ 7 DAYS & 7 REASONS︱NISHA ❄

Reviewed by: mikrokosmostae

Book Title: 7 Days & 7 Reasons

Author's Name: Naomi100112

- - -

(This is an opinion of an individual, which may not coincide with the masses. The individual's taste, thinking, and way of perception will definitely be different).

- - -  

Cover: 8/10

The cover, in many ways, depicts the emotions of the character Atlas and resonates with the subtitle. But the cover in whole seems to be a bit childish, especially in the arrangement of the stars, and the background that has, IDK, fishes in it?

Title: 9/10

Simple and straightforward. I am half-half on this. One part tells me that the title cannot be better than this, it gives the main idea of the story. But another part tells me to have a title that's a bit complex and doesn't give away the main theme of the story – death.

Blurb/Description: 8/10

I felt like I was left hanging for more in the blurb – it was very vague, and the sentences which were supposed to hit hard, were already emphasized with a different font.

Creativity and originality: 9/10

The idea of the reasons for each day is unique, though your whole premise is a bit cliché. I don't know why do I keep waiting for something to happen in the end, which will leave me in a shock. (not about Starr dying, but something that isn't known to the readers or to Atlas). Also, I now get the reference of Starr's name :)

Plot and Flow: 18/20

It is definitely an emotional rollercoaster, where the reader and Atlas know what is up but Starr is heart-breaking. The reasons, the way you have written them are sure to put someone in a puddle of tears. I just cannot describe more because I feel there is too less to even judge anything. If I had to be biased, I'd give all the praises to its emotional aspect, but there are a lot of things to consider in a plot and I can only identify it once there are at least 4 to 5 chapters.

The thing about a short story is that you cannot make a judgment about it before its end – the ending can either make or break the story, along with all the other chapters. Since there are few chapters yet loads of emotions, story and characters are to be explored, each chapter holds its own significance.

The flow is Okayish, but again, I cannot and don't want to judge unless I read till the end.

Character Development: -/10

Too short to judge. Though, I loved one thing about Atlas –

Your story is driven by the conflict Atlas is having – of loving her more even when she is gone, not being able to forget her, but still be happy because she is going to love him forever, that he isn't enough for her, etc.

Starr, on the other hand, is the embodiment of love for me in this story. Idk what will happen ahead, but I'd wish to see a scene when it strikes her that she is dying, and Atlas consoles her, feeling that the least he could do is this. It is emotional, yet realistic because it shows her fear of not being with him coincides with her fear of death.

Writing style, Grammar, spellings, etc.: 8/10

Some punctuations like full stops were missing, don't put ellipses (...) after definite punctuation like a question mark. Sometimes it felt like a plain narration of what a character is doing rather than storytelling (this was pretty minimal because you made it up with all the emotions).

Genre relevance: 9/10

Definitely a romance. Also, depicts themes that you can still love a person who is long gone.

Reader enjoyment and Communication with the readers: 10/10

Readers will always connect to an emotional story, and your writing adds to that aspect.

Overall: 79/100 (minus character development scores)

Be ready with a box full of tissues!