❄ THE LOST REVENGE | GWEN ❄

Reviewed by: _summering_Book title: The Lost RevengeAuthor's name: Lovatic_HarryHook

Book title: The Lost Revenge
Author's name: Lovatic_HarryHook

• • •

Cover: 8/10

The cover is the first impression of your book and its basic purpose is to convey the story's genre. And I can say you have done a great job on this one! The title is sufficiently visible and prominent enough to make a reader examine it. Additionally, the elements found in your cover absolutely give the witchy and heat-of-revenge vibe. The two girls, which are the main focus, pose an impression of relevance and rivalry. I love how you choose the expression of your face claims and how it fits the entire mood of the cover and story as a whole. But I do think that the author's name can be made a little more visible as I haven't noticed it at first glance.

Title: 10/10

The Lost Revenge is one intriguing title. The thrill is there as it rolls off my tongue. Honestly, when you hear the word revenge, you'll expect action and a lot of intense scenes. Since you want to know what the said revenge is all about, you will be itched to find out more.

Blurb/Description: 9/10

Your blurb is satisfactory. It explains the character's dilemma. Through your blurb, I can get a good glimpse of the two important characters of the story. It's exactly something you need in a blurb and I am really interested and looking forward to how they will face and overcome the conflict.

The way you end it with a hanging question is really a great job on your part. It makes my toes curl in anticipation. When both of them happen to have different goals, I wonder how revenge comes to the scene. Maybe it has something to do with both of them growing apart or when one feels betrayed. As I have said, it raises a lot of questions—a tease—that can only be satisfied by clicking that "read" button.

But there's this paragraph that confuses me and I think needs a rephrasing to provide clarity.

One city. Two girls and numerous crimes summed up Edinburgh. The city wasn't always like this. All it needed was Ren Santiago to enter this city, filled with secrets about her.

I don't think it is necessary to put "one city" at the beginning of the paragraph. You do mention Edinburgh and the succeeding sentence does state that it is a city. So it can be like this: Two girls and numerous crimes summed up Edinburgh. The city wasn't always like this. All it needed was Ren Santiago to enter this city, filled with secrets about her. But then again, what about the "numerous crimes" which are supposed to sum Edinburgh? Before reading the story, I expect it to be a city drenched in blood and citizens on a killing spree. Maybe I am exaggerating but it is something like that. But in your story, Edinburgh isn't portrayed like what the blurb tells. The crimes that take place in Edinburgh are Macey's death and the arson that took Bethany's life. The arson committed by Macey and the gang isn't counted because it has nothing to do with Ren and Ava and it cannot be tied to them. Maybe the keyword is numerous and needs a little rephrasing.