88 - A Bet

The one who said the objection was a man who, according the shape and appearance of the scabbard, wields a saber. Aesthetic appearance don't need to be mention since cultivators will naturally beautiful since they could expel impurities within the body.

"Grand Elder Caira, please don't misunderstood. It's not that I disagreed to your decision, but we all know that there's a very crucial requirements to be accepted as Core Disciple. No one can be spared by it, even the descendants of former Sect Master's." He defended.

Grand Elder Caira dark expression visibly get better as it dawn to her that she seems to forgot that stringent information.

"As expected, disciple Ryan are very sharp." She said.

Ryan just shake his head internally. Alchemist are very important among cultivators, their status everywhere was very high. Due to this, they tend to develop a strange temperament, and Grand Elder Caira was spared by it. They believe that there word should be thoroughly followed.

Fortunately, Grand Elder Caira was clear that there's are rules that can't be bend by her will. In addition to that, she's also very loyal to their Sect.

Disciple Ryan face Cole and said, "Cultivation needs resources. As you're also one, you should be clear about that. Being Core Disciple, the Sect will give you more resources compare to others. However, before that, you have to show your worth first."

Cole nodded his head as what Ryan said was already a common sense among sect or any powerhouse. This was more very effective for those disciples who have nothing in them besides their talent.

"Then, fellow disciple Ryan, what is the requirements to be one of you?"

Ryan look at Cole with much lighter light. Despite with his superior talent, he still remain humble. And for cultivators who have prides higher than the heaven itself, Cole was like chicken in the flock of ducks.

"It's very simple. You just have to defeat any of us." He said with much lighter tone.

The disciples then look at Cole at once.

"Oh?" Cole mutter with surprise tone. He the nodded his head and added, "It's very simple indeed."

Ryan smile at the unperturbed attitude of the other party.

"You could choose among us who you wanted to battle." He said as he gesture at the others.

In total, there were seven such youths, five of them were males while the other two was females.

He gave each one of them a thorough analysis, and as expected from Middle Lands cultivators, they all subconsciously emit an terrifying aura, signifying that they were all dangerous.

"Wait for a moment, Grand Elder Caira and Disciple Ryan." Peak Master Timber suddenly butted in.

Grand Elder Caira look at him and ask, "What is it, Peak Master Timber?"

"Grand Elder Caira, when disciple Cole join the Sect almost a year ago from discipleship recruitment, he was tested with an cultivation of high-level Mana Gathering-Stage. I'm afraid that even with his talent, it'll still be a miracle if he reach Nascent Soul-Stage by now."

Everyone have thier brows furrowed. No matter how talented one are, there were also number of factors that greatly affects performance. One of that factors was the environment itself. What's the difference between Low Land and Middle Land? Of course, its the thickness and richness of Heaven and Earth. It might be hard for cultivators from the Azure Territory to reach Nascent Soul-Stage below thirty years bone-age but at Middle Lands, it will be easily reached as long as one has talents and perseverance.