127 - Seductive Corpse Puppet

It wasn't before long and Cole and his company near the location they intend to go.

Eventhough they were still a distance away, with the keen hearing of cultivator, everyone of them could heard an obvious sound of battle. Shouts, taunts, pain...

And what surprise them the most was the giant phantom of golden Buddha and the bright barrier that covers it. In just a single glance, it can be identified that it was the work of the Golden Perseverance Temple. It seems that the force of the three demonic sect cultivators is more powerful than the righteous since they were in defensive side.

When they arrived at the sky of the battlefield and saw the current situation there, he heard a man with sickly appearance and most probably a disciple of Corpse Refining Sect, "Gu Xi, just give up. Our number is much more than yours and your fellow core disciples is already injured. Your other allies is also dwindling as my own allies is hunting them. Don't think that the Golden Lotus Throne will be able to protect you until this secret realm ejected us!" Then, along with his corpse puppets, they attack the light barrier that covers Gu Xi's group.

After hearing what the sickly man said, it dawn to Cole that the three demonic sect cultivator targets Gu Xi. It seems that the latter had more secret than he anticipated.

Gu Xi, as though living as a true monk, don't bother to answer, or even show any kind of reaction, the taunt of that sickly man and just continue on his meditation.

While the demonic sect cultivators attack the light barrier—the corpse puppet attack it with the weapon they hold or just their own body if they don't had any, the eerie ghosts attack with their loud, screeching cry and their ghostly claws while the disciples of Blood Demon's Creed use their own blood as their weapon—and got blocks by it, the attacks of those who are inside suprisingly bypass the barrier, get through it and hit those who are outside. The others help Gu Xi to repel those demonic cultivators.

However, most of the righteous cultivators had varying degree of injuries. Some can still continue on attacking while the others can only lay on the ground and try to recover from their grave injury. There were many who shows sign of rotting in their body, most probably the works of Corpse Refining Sect while some either had pale face or bleeding from their seven orifice.

The scale of the battle sides with the demonic cultivators. In comparison, demonic cultivators have thirty five people and all of them are still attacking the light barrier while the other side had forty people but only thirty of them can attack. The enemies still looks energetic while the righteous side already looks tired and haggard.

Moreover, the Corpse Refining Sect had their corpse puppet while the Poltergeist Cult had their ghost puppet. Most of them might only have one of those puppet but it already double their number. Although their attacks only deals halve its damage to the barrier since it had light properties and had natural suppression to both corpse and ghost energy, their bombardment still accumulates and gradually damage the barrier.

The light barrier might look undamaged until now, but Cole could feel and see that it was gradually being drowned with the continuous attack. If this situation continue, the fate of those inside the barrier will be grave the moment the barrier break...

It was fortunate that the barrier was produced by the floating lotus equipment Gu Xi sat on, which is a bonafide Divine-Rank equipment, and the other eight Buddhist cultivators creates an array which not only make the defense of barrier increase, they also makes themselves as the source of its energy by sending their own. If no changes or problem occur, they don't had a problem of lasting for few more days.

Cole then started to descend as he wants to enter the barrier and help them when the sickly man put down the coffin on his back. Immediately, he felt a great sense of crisis.