167 - Ice Field

After clearing the [Hard] difficulty dungeon run, Cole gave the four a spare time to cultivate and stabilize their state.

As for him, he teleport himself beside the Messiah Tree and sort out the loots he harvested.

All the medicinal parts suitable for alchemy practice were set aside for the meantime. Although they can be consume as it was, its value will only show after it was processed into more powerful, suitable pills.

As for the elements he harvest inside the dungeon, like the spirit lake water and garden soil suitable for cultivating medicinal herbs, were inspected and sort out. This was strategic resources for his external faction.

He also inspect the weapons and equipments he acquire, looking for something suitable; not for him but for the subordinates he's been cultivating all this time.

Afterwards, he shifted his attention into the things that he considered as treasures among treasures.

And it was the Skill Crystals!

What makes Martial Spirits and Special Physique is that not only indicated the talent of cultivator but also because it could instantly gave them innate abilities. For humans who have limited and small lifespan compare to other creatures like the Beast Race and Spirit Race, saving them the trouble of learning and cultivating skills could gave them more time to cultivate and increase their cultivation base.

Furthermore, the abilities they recieve from them are automatically mastered like you cultivate them for a long time and practice them in many dangerous situations.

In a sense, the Skill Crystals are like the inferior version of Martial Spirits and Special Physique capabilities.

Active-type Skills are precious but Cole prefer the Passive Skills.

For instance, he greatly treasure the passive [Sword Comprehension] Skill Crystal dropped by the Imperial Sword Mind Comprehension Lotus. That is because as long as this was use by someone, they'll instantly become a genius of sword-path, a talent individual that every powerhouse would fight for.

Sword is one of the common but also powerful cultivation path in every word since it was one of the common weapon.

This crystal won't have significant effect on him since most of the skills and abilities he received from Tree of Light uses sword, and the latter already turn him into sword genius.

However, this Skill Crystal would enable him to cultivate a good subordinate.

Cole set this certain crystal for the meantime and look for the others that is suitable for his contracted beasts and spirits.

As long as it wasn't extremely rare and important, Cole would probably use all the Skill Crystals he'll harvest in the future to his contracted companions. That is because through [Soul Mimicry], he'll be able to copy and temporarily use those skills but not the other way around.

Therefore, to double its value, it is better to teach it to his contracted beasts.

He gave the [Greater Elemental Resistance] dropped by the Flood Dragon Holy Vine to Groot since the latter were extremely weak to fire, lightning, light and other yang-affinited attack. This skill will ensure that it won't be greatly exploited by its racial weakness.

Furthermore, in order for Groot to resist strong resentment of blood it'll absorb in the future and demonic voice of ghosts that it'll gather, he also gave it the [Spirit Clarity] Skill Crystal which was dropped by random mob of the dungeon run they just cleared. In this way, the chance of the latter falling into demonization decrease by large margin.