193 - Bestial Blood Refining Pool

After Lex Red leave his main office, Cole then face the only person that got attracted by the rumor he spread through the assistance of wandering merchants that visit the Towering Tree City.

It was an old lady that although still very much alive were already showing some sign of decay and smell of death.

Her state looks more than serious in Cole's eyes who was extremely sensitive when if comes to life force. It was because he could see that she only has less than two months to live. She was basically a walking corpse!

Furthermore, because of her current state, although it was apparent that she was a Nascent Soul-Stage expert, which is probably the only reason she could still cling on her life, it was greatly degraded that she was even weaker to most Mana Gathering-Stage cultivators.

The old lady gave Cole a glance before starting to talk, "I heard that your faction offers assistance on facing Heavenly Tribulation in exchange of several years of service. I wonder if this old lady can ask for that."

"That's true, but..." Cole reply to her and pause for moment before continuing, "...just like what you heard, we are 'assisting' you from facing Heavenly Tribulation, not 'blocking' the Heavenly Tribulation for you. With your current state, just a single stray of Heavenly Lightning is enough to take your remaining life."

Although it sound harsh to the old lady what Cole just replied, she knew more than anyone that what he said is true. Even the powerful body of Nascent Soul-Stage who were on the peak of their life could die from the attacks of Heavenly Lightning, not to say her decaying old body.

Of course, there were several treasures that could help her but unfortunately, it was something that out of her reach.

In that instant, despair consumed the old lady's body. Her holding body immediately lose its strength and she collapsed on her position. Dian immediately catch her and sat her down on available chair.

In addition, perhaps she lose her last hope, her situation deteriorate to the point that her remaining life force decreased in alarming rate.

A little panicked, Cole immediately said, "But its not like there is no remaining solution, only if you are ready to accept its cost."

As though the old lady already lost her remaining hope, she stand up from her seat weakly and said, "This old lady already lost her everything. Being old and getting weak is truly a sin."

"I appreciated it when you gave this old lady some time but I'll be leaving. I have nothing that can be use as payment anymore."

"That's not true, because you still have something that can be used as payment—loyalty." Cole immediately stated when he saw that the old lady is already resolute on leaving the room.

"Loyalty? If that's what you want, I can give it to you. However, just like what you imply, I'm dying and my loyalty won't have use to you anymore."

Cole smile as he reply to her depressing statement, "Don't think of your possible use yet because that is something that I'll have to decide. Just offer your loyalty to me."

The old lady shake her head, "I don't know what you want from this old lady but since you insist, I will offer my loyalty to you."

The old lady then face Cole and made a vow, "I, Lara Andres, vow my full loyalty to City Lord of Rising Phoenix Tree Nation in front of me; let the mighty Heaven be my witness!"

Instantly, Cole felt a strong connection to Lara in front of him. It was a strong connection that could actually control the life and death of person in front of him!