117 - Edifying Light

It is true that both Cole and Celia can't do anything to Levi if he decided to hide like a turtle inside the Ghost City. Not to say about the defense of the whole city itself, the ghosts living inside is also one of the threat of the place.

Cole don't want to think of how many powerful ghosts inside the [Ghost City] but it should be not something he can contend for now. In fact, it was already fortunate that those ghosts was restricted by the Netherworld Ghost Flag itself and can't leave the domain of the [Ghost City] or everyone in this dungeon, including the sentient herbs and beasts, will be killed alone by single powerful ghosts from the equipment.

But if they leave this man and explore once again, Cole could already imagine the outcome of he meets another cultivator. There is only one outcome, everyone will be killed.

But if they remain here and guard Levi to make him stay inside for the rest of the time, he will miss all the opportunities he can find inside this secret realm. Just those lotus herbs he harvested is enough proof of how rich this place was, he don't want to give up those things he can harvest too.

Then, what should he do?

Should he provoke him? No. This wasn't possible. The other party already think that he won't stand a chance facing Celia much less the two of them at once, he'll definitely hide inside the haunted city like a turtle hiding on its shell.

Suddenly, he remember about Baldy's plan, use its skill [Edifying Light]. Perhaps the said skill is easy to dodge which makes Baldy said to cast it in surprise but it will be different if the target remain on one place. He makes himself an easy target.

But this is on the premise that the skill can pierce through, or bypass, the [Ghost City]'s defense.

Thinking that his thought is feasible, he immediately relax his mind, enter into his Sea of Consciousness and control the floating ball of light. After he made a secure connection with Purifying Evil Radiance Orb, he casted its skill, [Edifying Light].

Immediately, Cole's body emitted a strong light radiance. On one look, it looks like it was the same as the light produce by [Purifying Light] but in fact, it was vastly different. The difference could not be tell by normal creatures but not with the ghosts on the distance.

After the light reached and shine on the [Ghost City], the Malicious Ghosts that was submerged and fighting on the [Moat of Despond] all stopped and look at the source of the light. And as terrifying as they look aesthetically, they all look have the same relax expression. It was as though they could feel that the light could cleanse their bad deeds and save them from that torturous experience.

Of course, its not only the ghosts from the [Most of Despond] could feel the relaxing wave brought by the light. Even those behind and inside the towering castle walls could feel it.

And seconds later, almost of the ghosts living inside have gone out of their hiding and all float towards the air.

Levi immediately felt the strange movements of his slaves. Curious, he stand up from the luxurious bed he's been lying on and look outside the window and when he saw and felt the ray of light, despite the comfort it brought, fear enveloped both his mind and body.

This light... He might not have ounce of idea what it was, his instincts told him that it was something to be feared about! It waa as though that very skill was made for the likes of him!

Most probably... This light was the legendary light that can ‘convert’ demonic cultivator to righteous cultivator!

According to legend, there were a lost buddhist technique that could make a demonic cultivator into someone no different from being a slave. With just single ball of light, with the pretense of 'in the name of righteousness...', they will convert an demonic cultivator to become their own weapon, using their demonic powers to kill their former allies.