1

Chapter 1: Adventure Start

Section 1: Outside the Window

Opening the window, a pearly snowscape stretched before me

Opening the window, a pearly snowscape stretched before me. A chilled wind blew into the room, causing my nose to ache with its touch.

This was a sleepy rural town called Rifront. It is located in the country of Osnell, itself found on the continent of Van Delucia. You would find it after a ten days carriage ride to the west from the capitol Osnell-Tari.

During the summer the town is covered in lush greenery, complimenting the town’s brickwork that glows under the bright sun. Unfortunately all of that was now covered in snow. There is a lake at the town’s center, and when the weather is nice, you can watch as people sit on the shore, hanging fishing lines through the gaps in the ice.

Even if they call it a lake, it is still small enough that you could walk around the whole thing in thirty minutes. But the people who live in this town have lovingly come to call it Rif Ront (Fairy’s Tear), which is where the name for the town came from.

Right now I am on the second floor of the Shining Hen, the only inn in town. I took a deep breath, sucking in and enjoying that cold, fresh air from the window, and stretched.

挿絵(By みてみん)

“TYAA! TAA!”

From there, an energetic voice could be heard outside. Wondering what was going on, I looked down outside the window where a girl with silver hair was running around in the snow. She happily threw a snowball she had in hand before quickly making up another one and throwing that one too.

Her name is Carotayle, but I always call her Carol. She is a member of a half beast/half human race called Werewolves. Her fuzzy ears and tail shook this way and that as she frolicked about, using her impressive agility to move from one spot to another in order to dodge some incoming snowballs.

“You can’t hit me, you can’t hit me! Come oooooooon, you slow footed elf!”

“What did you saaaaay!?”

After that, a really huge snowball soared through the sky as an angry voice cut through the cold air. Carol was caught completely off guard, landing on her back as the snowball hit her in the face.

“Ahahahah, so lame. Calling me slow footed, but aren’t you the slowest one here? In the head!”

There was another woman who was clutching her stomach, doubled over from laughing. She was tall, slender, and had flowing gold locks. Even as another woman, I have to take a moment to marvel at how beautiful she was.

Her name is Tosrillon F. Iriburgh, but she prefers to be just called Toslin. Just as Carol had said, Toslin was an elf. Just like how Carol is from the beastman race, Toslin is an elf which bears a slight difference from a Hyurian like me which can be found all over the continent. Long-lived, beautiful white skin, pointed ears, and a staggering beauty–these are the traits that set elves apart from other people.