130

Chapter 13
Section 8: The New Feature……Is X-Ray Vision?
[Litzreich]: “Ah, just a second Iris”

Now that the issue of our request and me attending school had gotten worked out, we were just about to head back to the castle.

But as Rose-san and I were about to leave the room, Litzreich called out to me once again.

[Iris]: “What?”

[Litzreich]: “They really suit you well.”

She poked her temple while giving me a bewitching smile. I wondered what she was talking about at first, but after a little thought, I realized she was talking about my glasses.

[Iris]: “Y-Yeah. Thank you. Rose-san bought them for me yesterday.”

I pushed up the frame with both my hands as I answered.

[Litzreich]: “Did she now?”

And so Litzreich’s gaze turned towards Rose-san, this time though with a slightly more mischievous look on her face.

[Rose]: “What? Is there something you find interesting about one person giving another a gift?”

[Litzreich]: “Hihihi, I never said anything of the sort. And I have no plans of doing anything to Iris here and now, so there’s no need to glare.”

After saying that much, Litzreich turned her attention back to my glasses, inspecting them from various different angels.

[Litzreich]: “Hmm, just as I thought.”

[Iris]: “And what thought would that be?”

[Litzreich]: “These glasses are something I made five years ago. One of the young noble girls who had been a student here back then asked me to make her a magic tool that would correct her eyesight. These were one of the prototypes I made.”

[Iris]: “Wow, really? That’s pretty amazing.”

Litzreich is able to make her Magic Shell, something almost like a golem, using just her magic power. I never really thought about it before, but that’s actually very impressive. If she’s able to do that, then it’s not surprising that she can manufacture other magic accessories like my glasses.

[Litzreich]: “No, what’s truly amazing is the amount of magic power you must have in order to use those things regularly. When I think about what your body structure must look like, hihihi, I simply must take a look sometime.”

[Rose]: “……have you forgotten what you just promised me?”

Rose-san slowly pulled my hand as Litzreich’s curiosity bubbled up.

[Iris]: “Ah…….um”

I staggered a bit from the movement, but Rose-san was standing there to catch me. I could feel her warmth both from my hand which she held and my shoulders which now leaned back into her.

[Rose]: “Was that all you wished to confirm? If so, I am sorry to say that our comrades are waiting for us outside at the moment.”

[Litzreich]: “Ah, wait wait. I just meant I was looking forward to doing it in the future.”

[Rose]: “It will not happen in the future either. Iris-san does not belong to you.”

[Litzreich]: “Muu, you’re being so stingy. You can lend her to me for just a little bit.”

[Rose]: “L-Lend her……Iris-san doesn’t belong to me either!!”

Rose-san’s head sat right above mine as she sputtered out an answer while holding me close.