16

Chapter 3
Section 3: Reunion………..And then
“This golem, I thought it was weird that it was always attacking with its right arm, but this was why?”

“But how did she get caught? Is she an idiot?”

Carol was being cold and blunt. But the fairy didn’t react to her insults. She must have fainted. Or worse……….died.

No matter how many times I look at her, her limbs are languidly hanging at her sides from being tossed around in the golem’s huge hands. There wasn’t a response even when Toslin poked her tiny head with her finger.

“She’s dead.”

“I’m alive!”

Suddenly the fairy’s eyes flew open, and that energetic voice of hers once again made our eardrums shake.

“Damn, just when I was wondering who it was! You’re those bastards who betrayed me that time!”

“Don’t try to ruin our reputations by calling us traitors. We saved you once, so just be grateful for that you.”

Carol sighed while Quinn-san confusedly rushed to the fairy from behind us.

“Lapris? Aren’t you Lapris!?”

“Hm? Ooh, it’s Quinn! What terrible timing. You little, rushing over to these ruffians. Listen here, these guys around us are all terrible people.”

“Eh, what…….you and Quinn-san know each other?”

Toslin asked on behalf of all of us. And then, Quinn-san gave a deep nod.

“Ah, yes. As I mentioned earlier, I got lost as a kid and found myself at the fairy village. It was then that I became acquainted with this child. Ever since, she’s secretly come to visit my village time and time again……….”

“Is that possibly the ‘important errand’ you were telling us about earlier?”

“You really are an orc. For your information, I didn’t visit the village only to play around, but when I came back, a dark elf was attacking my home. Then in the end after desperately running away for days, I start thinking I’ve finally found some help, and I end up getting treated like that. My life must be cursed.”

“It’s your tongue that’s cursed you stupid bastard”

“What did you say!? You’re the idiot, now hurry up and help me! As you can see I can’t get free because this fucking golem still has a hold on me”

“Hoh, I just heard something nice. Here’s some spit.”

Toslin really did start spitting on Lapris’s cheeks just as she said she was.

“Hya………..Gyaaaaaaaaaa! Wai- seriously knock it off! Help Quinn! Stop, quit standing there watching and help me!”

But, Quinn-san understood this situation cropped up entirely because of Lapris’s foul mouth, so he could only stand by and smile.

“Toslin hold on……….let me in too.”

Just when I was thinking Carol was about to stop Toslin, she started spitting on Lapris as well. It looks like she’s still angry about everything that was said the first time we met the fairy.

“St-Stop it! Puah! Stop………what did I ever do……..stop, st-stop………Knock it off!”

Lapris tried covering her small face with her even tinier hands, but of course it didn’t make much difference.

“Stop, damn……….Enough already! *Sniffle*”

“Ah, she’s crying.”

“She really is.”