10

Chapter 2
Section 6: Grimoire
“What, hold…….what is this!?”

“UWAaaaaaaaaaaa! I’m so sorry, I won’t do it again! I’ll never steal another thing again as long as I live, so please help meeee!”

Toslin and Carol were looking over the broken fragments of the statues as well when this intense, blinding light began, and they were now running around screaming “Kyaa, Kyaa” close to me.

“Don’t joke about that! Nobody is going to burn us to death for stealing such a small sum of money!”

“What are you talking about!? We should just obediently apologize here and……….Kyaaaaaaa! I can’t see in front of me! Where are you Toslin!? Uwaaaa, this is scaryyyy!”

The two of them were bursting with energy as they kept yelling and screaming, but after a moment the light finally started to dim. I could open my eyes just a little and took the chance to look around the room.

“What, it’s subsiding………?”

I could make out Toslin’s dumbfounded expression as she glanced over towards me while holding on to Carol.

“Um……… M-Maybe…….”

“Is it finally done? Am, am I still alive? Do I still have my tail?”

Carol was half-crying while snuggling up to Toslin’s chest. Like a child that’s suffered through a scolding, Carol’s usually perky ears were hanging low, making it really easy to understand just how scared she was from a glance.

“It’s okay. We’re all alive, and all our limbs are still attached.”

I tried giving Carol some peace of mind, but when I looked around us, I saw it was the broken fragments of the statue that had glowed so brightly and were even now giving off a dim light.

“H-Huh…………. The statue………….fragments…….”

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing with my own eyes, and my voice came out as a chopped, garbled mess. And then I saw Rose-san, kneeling on the ground. Her eyes were opened wide, and she was holding up both her hands in reverence.

“It, It changed………. Hey, Hey Toslin…….that…..”

“I, I can tell……I’m looking, so I can see……”

The broken head Rose-san carried in her hands was wrapped in a golden light, and it began to change. Slowly but surely, what could be described as a miracle was happening before my very eyes.

“I have heard Your will, My Lord.”

Rose-san bowed deeply as the change came to an abrupt end. There was a crack in the air as if someone had shattered a piece of glasswork, and the light was lost. What remained in the palm of Rose-san’s hands was a single book with a solemn, silver adornments.

挿絵(By みてみん)

“………”

I, no……..we couldn’t believe the miracle that had taken place as each of us stood in dumbfounded silence. Only Rose-san was any different as she remained kneeling with a mystified expression on her face.

“This is a fairy village.”

Rose-san’s murmur broke the silence.

“The Goddess Illya told me……… No, to be precise, the vision this statue showed me informed me as such.”

She slowly stood up and began stroking the book that had been bestowed to her.

“Perhaps, that fairy had lived here as well. And then, the dark elf came forcing them all to scatter.”