135

Chapter 13
Section 13: Magic Training Part 2
[Grides]: “The hero is also a witch yes? Then I imagine she would also be considerably proficient at handling magic.”

[Iris]: “Ah, no……I wouldn’t say considerably.”

Is Grides-san……trying to pick a fight with me? If so then she’s probably not going to be satisfied with my noncommittal answer.

[Grides]: “So modest. I simply must bear witness to the magic said to have been able to instantly separate a dragon’s head from his neck though.”

[Iris]: “Oh……um……”

Trouble. I’m in trouble. This is a turn for the worst for my already upset stomach.

I still don’t know if I can use ordinary magic……..that is to say magic you find inside a spellbook. So far all I’ve used is magic from my grimoires, and those are all special cases.

If I believe Lapris, then with how much my mana’s increased, I might end up accidentally creating an inferno when all I want is a spark. That’s why I’ve been too afraid to give it a try until now.

If I can’t cast any spells, I’m going to end up embarrassed in front of a group of thirty students.

No, it’d be fine if I embarrassed myself in front of a hundred students, but what if the spell goes out of control. What if I end up blowing up the entire lab like Litzreich did?

I’ll end up injuring all of my classmates. In the worst case scenario I might kill someone.

[Iris]: “No, I……”

I had to put a stop to this.

[Grides]: “Ara, you can’t show us? Does the hero hate the idea of showing us her skills?”

[Iris]: “…….you’re wrong, that’s not what I…….”

This person keeps doing her darnedest to needle me. Is it because of what happened this morning? If the person I admire left me to speak with someone else……in this case they were also speaking to that other person quite intimately. And she even retied their ribbon……..

(…………..)

Yeah~. I think I can understand her feelings a bit. I was feeling the same way just before.

[Grides]: “Then, could you please show me? I want to improve my magic. If I were to see the hero’s spellwork in person, I am positive it would inspire me.  I am sure of it.”

The atmosphere is gradually shifting that way with Grides-san’s words hanging in the air. Expectant gazes were shifting my way, and Ms. Odette wasn’t doing anything to stop it. Actually, she was one of the first people to get excited about it.

[Grides]: “Unless……is there a reason you cannot show us? For instance…..you were a tagalong to Rosalith-sama and just lucky enough to get labeled as a hero……or something of the sort?”

[Ms. Odette]: “That is enough Grides-san. Your words are an insult to Calvafon-san. Apologize. You are meant to be a lady.”

Ms. Odette’s expression quickly soured as she issued a warning to Grides-san. For her part, Grides-san pinched the ends of her skirt and immediately offered a smooth curtsy. But the smile she gave me was no less challenging.

[Grides]: “My sincerest apologies hero. I was so excited to see your abilities that I’ve said something incredibly rude to you on accident. Allow me to apologize here.”

[Ms. Odette]: “Calvafon-san. Do you accept her apology? Or do you refuse it and seek reparations? You have the right to restore your honor and the freedom to choose the means.”