95

Fragment
Section 5: Sisters’ Quiet Conversation Part 3
There was an unexpected incident along the way, but with my prayer finished, I started walking around Solretta alongside Sally-oneesama.

Snow peaked mountains in the distance served as a beautiful backdrop for the red brick homes with thatched roofs. I had heard this town used to mine rubies, but right now it looks as if the entire town were in fact one huge ruby vein.

I do not usually walk around without a purpose in mind, so seeing the sights like this is quite enjoyable for me.

Even moreso since I am alone with Oneesama today. It certainly is nerve-wracking having it be just the two of us, but it feels refreshing more than anything else.

We walked through shops where accessories lined the walls, glanced through outfits, and Oneesama gave her impressions for any clothes I tried on…….

I am happy for the praise and consideration, and I am deeply grateful to Iris-san for suggesting all of this in the first place.

After a quick lunch, we both went to visit the opera house Iris-san had recommended to us.

Today’s performance is The Goddess Illya and the Hero of Light.

It is a dramatic adaptation of probably the most famous story in Van Delucia and focuses on the Illyarian War.

I read the novel several times when I was little. Iris-san just so happened to be reading it at the inn in Rifront, so I borrowed it once she was finished and read it again.

The story was still fresh in my mind because of this, so I was able to easily follow along as each scene changed and could genuinely enjoy myself. Oneesama on the other hand could not keep up with the sudden developments that unfolded as each scene switched to another and had to ask me to clarify some things for her several times throughout the play.

Each time I had to offer an explanation, a question ran through my head.

What must she be thinking while watching this right now when she actually fought in the Illyarian War?

As the performance rolled to an end and the final curtain call unfolded, Sally-oneesama gave them a rounding applause and laughing towards me,

“Illya isn’t nearly that well-mannered”………is what she said.

“It seems you’re finally starting to relax.”

We headed to a cafe after leaving the theater to grab a cup of tea, and after taking a seat at our table, Sally-oneesama spoke up with a smile.

“I noticed you’ve been rather tough on yourself ever since we first met Aronda at the church.”

“…..is, that so……”

So Oneesama noticed after all.

And on top of that, she continued watching over me through it all.

“You don’t need to force yourself into a corner. While I will say it is part of your charm, narrowing your view too much can cause you to lose everything.”

“…….yes. I am keenly aware of my own immaturity.”

Back then, I did not want to have to rely on my quiet, disinterestedly speaking oneesama. So I swallowed my words just like I had done when Priestess Aronda had requested we investigate the ruins.