97

Fragment
Section 7: Quiet Conversation About Jewelry Part 2

Phoenix flew above the city’s morning streets as if she were leading us along

Lapris hitched a ride on top of my head, and Unicorn trotted along at me feet.

Needless to say, the gazes of people walking to work, shopping, and various others all gathered on us as we continued through the city.

“Thinking about it, was there something Lapris wanted?”

But lately, I’ve gotten used to being stared at, so I don’t mind it as much anymore.

“Hm? Nothing really.”

“No?”

“What, am I not allowed to come without a reason?”

I could hear a frustrated voice coming from the top of my head. Oh, did she misunderstand something?

“No, that’s not what I meant. I’m happy to have you along if you have the time. I just thought I’d ask if there was anywhere you wanted to go before I forget.”

“I see,” Lapris murmured. Apparently the misunderstanding was solved.

“This town is close to the fairy village, so I thought maybe some of my friends might have made their way here. It doesn’t seem like it though.”

“Ah, I’m……sorry to hear that.”

Lapris’s hometown is the fairy village in the middle of the Swansea Forest which was destroyed by a dark elf looking to resurrect the evil dragon Osnell. She originally went to the capitol Osnell in hope of finding her friends who dispersed after the attack, but she was brought to this town instead as soon as she arrived there.

“Sorry, it’s my fault. You might have already found your friends by now if it wasn’t for me.”

“What? N-Nah, it’s nothing you need to apologize about specifically. I can always see my friends when we end up in Osnell later. Besides……”

“Hm?”

Lapris’s grip around my hair suddenly tightened.

“Getting to see you again made me happy…….”

Oh my. I never thought words like that would pop out from Lapris’s mouth. I can’t tease her if this is how she’s going to be.

“Yeah, I’m happy I got to see Lapris again too.”

“R-Really? Really? Hehe…….well the great me is pretty cute, and I am a relatively rare fairy. It only makes sense you would feel that way.”

I can’t see her face, but I can imagine what it looks like from the sound of her voice. Right now Lapris is probably lying on her back, hands behind her head, with a nose a meter long.