137

Chapter 14
Section 1: Dungeon Exploration
We found ourselves beneath the castle early the next morning before the sun even had a chance to rise up.

Oh, even if I say we’re underground, it’s not like Larpis’s foul mouth has gotten us tossed into prison okay?

[Yuhanna]: “Then if you’d please.”

At the request of Eleonora Academy, we will be stepping forth into the vast dungeon beneath the city.

[Saluena]: “Since it is a request we have voluntarily taken on, we will put all our strength into seeing it done.”

[Yuhanna]: “It’s reassuring to hear that from the Dark Violet Knight.”

[Saluena]: “I was once called as such, but I am a member of the Goddess’s Knights now. Please call me Saluena.”

[Yuhanna]: “It would be an honor. Then Saluena-sama, you may call me Yuhanna…….no, I suppose you have been addressing me by my first name since we met. Fufu……”

We’re three floors down a fort-like building in the middle of the castle’s huge backyard. We passed through a pair of sturdy iron doors closely guarded by knights around the clock. We then traveled further down a long stairway located in the back of the building.

We eventually came to a room about as big as the one we are using inside the castle with a plain yet thick door resting at the very far back.

[Yuhanna]: “You be careful too all right Rosalith? It wasn’t that long ago that this was a low rank dungeon where the worst you’d find is a couple goblins. As it is now though the place has become a den for higher level monsters.”

[Rose]: “I will watch myself Auntie.”

[Yuhanna]: “…….well despite what I said, you are an orange rank adventurer party, so I’m not too worried about it.”

Yuhanna-sama’s laughter rose up above the crackling of our lit torches.

[Ashel]: “If what they say is true, then I shouldn’t be not going as well…….I am sorry to have to leave all this to you.”

The next person to speak up was Ashel-sama.

Maybe it’s just a trick from the torch’s light, but it looked like she had that same sorrowful look on her face that she had on when we first met.

[Carol]: “There’s not much you’d be able to do by yourself.”

[Toslin]: “Why can’t you think about what you’re going to say before you say it!!”

Toslin quickly threw her hand over Carol’s mouth.

[Ashel]: “Ahaha……..it’s really okay. I would prefer if you spoke with me without reservation. Because, we’re already friends. Right?”

However contrary to her morose expression, Ashel-sama’s tone was much lighter and friendlier. It must be difficult being a member of the royal family. Couple that with her having to pretend to be a gender she’s not, and that kind of expression kind of ends up being set as the default.

I hope we can help alleviate as much of that burden as possible.

[Toslin]: “Y-Yeah……I mean sure…….. But this girl will run a mile if given an inch, so it’s probably for the best that we draw a line.”

[Litzreich]: “Iris”

Ashel-sama laughed while watching the usual quarrel unfold between Carol and Toslin. That was when Litzreich suddenly popped her head out from behind Ashel-sama’s back.