42

Chapter 6
Section 6: To Church
Even though there’s a beautiful, open blue sky today, I’m currently walking while staring down at my feet.

“Despite how violently the wind was blowing during the storm last night, we didn’t get that much snow.”

“For sure. But instead the stone road’s been frozen over, and Iris is already covered in bruises.”

“I-I am not!! I’ve already been healed, so there’s no pain, and…….and I was just a little careless, so I can walk on my own!!”

It was the day after I returned to my hometown of Solretta Litta. After finishing breakfast, Saluena and I headed to the inn where Toslin and the others were staying.

This was the town I was born and raised in, so I knew where just about everything was. So I immediately knew where we had to go as soon as I heard the name of the inn they were staying in. We weaved through backstreets and alleys without ever losing our way and made it to our destination in about ten minutes.

But, things didn’t end there.

“First thing in the morning, and I was laughing. I wonder if we would have been able to hear Iris’s shriek all the way from our room?”

“Uuu……forget about that Toslin……”

“Oh no no no, that’s impossible. It really was something.”

I was so excited about the city scenery that I hadn’t seen in six months, I failed to notice the puddle that had formed right in front of the inn. Furthermore that puddle was unluckily frozen……and as you can imagine I fell flat on my butt.

“Are you really all right? If any pain remains, please tell me.”

Nothing hurt…..anymore. At first it hurt too much to even stand, and I could only raise an anguished voice from off the ground. Rose-san ran over and healed me right away, but in the meantime Toslin and Carol were both howling with laughter. I mean really, are you supposed to laugh that hard when you see me almost crying in pain?

“Thank you Rose-san……..Rose-san is my only ally.”

To my great fortune, my butt was protected by the wool panties my sister had knit for me. If I hadn’t been wearing them, I would have probably died. Yes, that is how hard I hit the ground.

“I’ll be troubled if you forget about me.”

When I looked up, I saw how Saluena, who was walking right next to me, had a proud expression floating across her face.

“Ah, yes……..Saluena…….you did an extremely good job…….of rubbing my butt.”

“As your knight, it is vexing that this is all I can do for you.”

As time goes on, my impression of Saluena continues to change. Saluena was so gallant and cool when she slew the dragon, but if you were to ask me now, I’d say she’s a little……disappointing. No, I mean she’s still cool enough though? Just so long as she’s not doing or saying anything.

I think Rose-san has started to understand this too which is why her gaze towards Saluena has started to grow softer.

“Sally-oneesama. Would you like me to teach you the prayer for a healing miracle? Perhaps the Goddess Illya will hear your words and allow you to utilize the same miracles as a priestess.”

“Thanks Rosa. But the me right now is not qualified for a miracle from the Goddess. And even if I was, I have already dedicated my sword to Iris. I cannot serve two masters.”

I had mentioned that I was walking while staring at my feet, but the truth is that I’m currently being sandwiched with Rose-san and Saluena walking on both sides of me. Both of them have one hand placed on my back while the other holds one of my own hands as we walk. But from the outside looking in, I almost certainly look like a grandmother being assisted after hurting both her legs.