141

Chapter 14
Section 5: Primordial Spirit, Again
[Lapris]: You’re not supposed to break those things you know. What are you going to do without your weapon?”

[Toslin]: “I’m thinking about that now!! Damn it! Was it already cracked? There was the ice golem, the dragon, the carbuncle, those stone statues earlier, and now for these gnome golems to be the ones finishing it off? Hold on those are way too many enemies!! Obviously this is going to happen now that I think about it!!”

Toslin didn’t pull away despite her sword being broke.

She continued to voice her irritation aloud while still trying to keep one of the gnome golems preoccupied.

[Iris]: “Ah, that’s dangerous Toslin!!”

The gnome golem brought its column-like arm down towards Toslin.

It was just as I threw out my hand to have Unicorn throw up a defensive barrier,

[Toslin]: “HYAaaaaah!!”

*CraCrash!!*

that Toslin kicked the gnome.

[Iris]: “Huh?”

The golem lost its balance, crashing down on its back.

While I dumbfoundedly stared at her, she shouted at Carol.

[Toslin]: “Oi Carol!! Get over to Goldmund and give me that sword we took off those stone statues!!”

[Iris]: “Eh, you’re going to use that thing? There’s no way right?”

Those statues we fought are at least twice as tall as Toslin. And they aren’t even close to being the same weight class.

Does Toslin intend to push through that weight difference by simply gritting her teeth and pushing through?

There’s no way……unless……she really is part orc……..

[Carol]: “Oh jeez, you’ve been a real slave driver today.”

Carol magically appeared right by Goldmund without me ever seeing her coming while lazily saying something rude like that. She unfastened the looted sword off his back and grabbed the hilt.

[Carol]: “Hwoh! No, it’s impossible!! Unreasonably impossible, this thing is going to crush me!! Come here Saluena! I need your help!”

Carol managed to pull it down, but lifting it up was too much for her. She couldn’t support the weight and looked like she was about to be crushed.

[Saluena]: “Her broken sword was heavy enough, but this one is at least twice the weight. Can she wield it?”

That’s what Saluena says, but she’s still holding the looted sword up with one hand. Rose-san included, these people able to fight with these kind of weapons are amazing.

[Carol]: “Yeah I’m not sure. But we should probably give it to her anyway.”

[Saluena]: “Hmm…….. Well, I suppose we’ll see.”

Saluena was suspiciously looking over the sword for a moment, but she soon tossed it over to Toslin anyway.

They kept talking about how heavy it was, yet the sword still flew in a perfect parabola as it spun through the air.

[Toslin]: “Thanks. You saved me.”

*ShaShing!* The sword fell point down, digging it straight into the ground.

Toslin reached out towards the sword’s hilt without taking her eyes off the gnome golem. She then easily, and I mean seriously without any effort at all, pulled it out.