147

Chapter 14
Section 11: As a Friend
The area around the school gate becomes crowded with carriages when it is time for school to let out.

The time a student is let out depends entirely on their grade and what class they’re in, yet despite this staggered release schedule, the fact remains that all of these girls are noble daughters. That means that all of them have carriages coming by to pick them up, so the area ends up filled up no matter what.

[Litzreich]: “You all…….have you mistaken my room for some kind of hang-out?”

And that’s why we’re killing some time in Litzreich’s private lab. Everyone came to pick me up today, so we decided to wait here until our carriage could break through the traffic jam.

[Toslin]: “It’s not like that. Our carriage wasn’t going anywhere, so we had to wait somewhere, and I wanted to check up on my sword. How is it faring?”

Our gazes turned towards a lab table in one corner of the room. Lying on top of it was Toslin’s beloved sword.

Five days ago Toslin went around town with Carol trying to find a blacksmith who could repair her broken sword.

However, when they saw how the sword had been cleanly broken through, every single blacksmith she asked told her it would be better to just buy a new one.

[Litzreich]: “As you can see, it’s in the middle of being joined back together. Don’t touch it though? Unless you want the metal to fuse together with your skin.”

[Carol]: “Hold on what? Scary…….”

Litzreich’s warning came just in time for Carol to immediately draw her finger back before she touched the metal.

[Toslin]: “I left it to you because you told me you could fix it, but is this really going to fix it?”

[Litzreich]: “Of course it will. Who do you think I am?”

[Lapris]: “A pervert trying to get close to Iris?”

Lapris didn’t miss a beat in trying to cut down Litzreich.

[Litzreich]: “Heheheh. That is just one of my many faces.”

[Iris]: “So you aren’t going to deny the pervert part then?”

While Toslin drank her tea, Litzreich slipped on her lab coat while approaching the sword.

[Litzreich]: “This sword is really wonderful though. It was used well and broke well. It lived well as a sword and died a fitting death.”

[Carol]: “Is it made of some kind of special material? Or is it some kind of magic weapon like my dagger?”

Now that I think about it, wasn’t this sword handed down across the years in Toslin’s family like her armor was?

[Litzreich]: “No? It’s just an ordinary sword. Actually, the quality of the metal used for it is pretty poor.”

[Toslin]: “Seriously. Just why did my ancestors insist on passing this thing down so religiously over the years?”

[Litzreich]: “Then there’s no point in me fixing it. Connecting the two halves together will make it good for ornamental purposes at best.”

[Toslin]: “Wait, that’s not what you told me before. I asked you to fix it because I’m going to need to use it.”

[Litzreich]: “Now hold on, listen to what I have to say to the end.”

Litzreich calmed Toslin down before picking up a random jewel she had sitting next to her lab table.