98

Fragment
Section 8: Quiet Conversation About Jewelry Part 3
“I now release the bonds on this world!!”

I raise my right hand, kissing the red ring fitted onto my index finger.

“Mu? An aria?”

“The Goddess Illya overwrites reason as commanded by Iris Calvafon!!”

And as my magic power flowed into the ring, it immediately transformed into a grimoire.

“A grimoire!? Who……are you?”

“Ah!? Feeling scared now!? Nice, let’s do this Iris!!”

Pulling open the grimoire’s cover, red lettering written in flames emerged from the sea of blank pages.

The chilly air cut my throat as I took a deep breath in before I began spinning the spell that presented itself to me.

“Absolute law established in the name of the Almighty. Long forgotten tower perched atop the solitary island of a distant sea. Princess of Life who illuminates the world, spread your wings to the summit.”

“Hoh? Hoh!? This is interesting. Do you……use a summoning technique?”

Litzreich stayed in place without looking away. The Magic Shell developed to protect her had stalled in place as well, yet its intimidating appearance still held fast.

“Subjugate those who would disrupt the peace with your sweltering flames! Grant us the divine protection of rekindled ash!!”

In contrast, Phoenix’s appearance was changing before our very eyes.

Its body which had been the size of a small bird but a moment ago had grown huge as it threw its wings and head up towards the sky to intimidate the enemy.

“My life, my name as a step, come forward…….Phoenix!”

And as my words came to an end, Phoenix descended.

Satisfied at having her original body filled with power again after so long, she grandly flapped her wings overhead. Waves of heat spread outwards with each beat of her wings, pounding Litzreich’s armor and burning away the leftover snow around her.

“Gu…..it can’t be an illusion with this kind of heat. There’s no doubt this is the genuine article.”

The heat emanating from Phoenix’s body caused the surrounding snow to rapidly sublimate, filling the area with a rising steam.

“…….leave this place immediately. I’m warning you.”

“……and if I say no?”

A daring smile spread across Litzreich’s lips as she began to run forward, her Magic Shell coiling around her in protection.

“——!?”

Even with the remaining snow melted away, she advanced on us faster than I would have imagined possible.

“Snap out of it!! Enough with the warnings and just do it!!”

“…..Iris Calvafon commands my winged one.”

Turning over my newest grimoire, a set of letters immediately appeared.

It was a good order for Phoenix who had just gotten a chance to unfurl her wings.

Words that would destroy the enemy with her sharp beak and burning talons.

“Reduce it to embers.”

Phoenix’s high-pitched crow caused the ground to shake. Her whole body lighting aflame, she stuck her talons out towards the approaching Litzreich.