167

Chapter 15
Section 17: Mippo and Moppo
[Rose]: “It appears as if these gnomes were brought here long ago. I cannot say this with the utmost certainty, but if I had to take a guess, Oshunel may have brought them here to help build the dungeon itself.”

Rose-san presented me with a cup of tea. I carefully took it with both hands and gently blew away the steam wafting off the surface. Ah, it’s delicious.

The farther down we descend into the dungeon the colder it gets. Even with the light bit of exercise we just went through, my body is still craving some extra warmth.

[Iris]: “Hm? But that would’ve been a thousand years ago!?”

Hearing Rose-san’s impressions a little after the battle ended had left me surprised. The gnome sisters were sitting right beside me, and it made even them jump.

[Saluena]: “Is it true?”

When Saluena asked the gnome sisters to confirm Rose-san’s theory, their stone boards popped up like usual.

≪Don’t know≫

≪Long ago≫

≪Brought here≫

They raised and lowered their stone plates as if they were semaphoring.

With the fighting done for now, we gathered together for a break. We broke out Saluena’s cookies to have together with Rose-san’s tea, and we talked about the current situation. Or well, I just listened.

Anyways, we managed to reach the following conclusions.

• There are three gnome sisters, and they were brought here a thousand(estimated) years ago.

• As for who brought them here, “Bird,” is the best we got from them.

• The eldest sister is Linzflare, the second sister is Mippo, and the youngest sister is Moppo.

• Somebody magically imbued them with Primordial energy. They don’t have many memories after that.

• The three of them made this dungeon together, but soon after it was finished, they were sealed away.

• They’ve been floating in darkness for a thousand(estimated) years now, but they recently woke up.

• Their minds remained murky even after they woke up which is why they ended up attacking us before.

• Afterwards, for some reason they weren’t sure about, they began regaining their sense of self.

[Iris]: “…….is there anything else that needs answering?”

We were all sitting in a circle with Phoenix resting in the middle. She was doing us the favor of acting as a makeshift bonfire, and it was only thanks to her that we were able to boil up some water.

Lapris was lying on her back, enjoying the warmth of the fire as she kept a watchful eye on the gnome sisters sitting next to her.

≪Love≫

≪(‘ヮ’*)≫

[Lapris]: “What’s with the difference between your names and the older one? Aren’t you three sisters?”

≪Name≫

≪Sister≫

≪Took≫

≪But she≫

≪No taste≫

≪These names≫

≪Like(‘ヮ’*)≫