49

Chapter 6
Section 13: Longing……
“Rose-san, hey Rose-san”

I chased after Rose-san’s light pink, fluffy, cotton candy like hair. I held the bouquet of flowers that the sisters had tied off for me close to my chest and moved next to her.

“Um, are you still mad?”

“…….I am not”

Turning her head away, she gave a really easy to understand answer.

After leaving the church, we moved as planned to the blacksmith and Warrior Guild. Toslin’s armor which she had continued to wear in its half-destroyed state ever since we left Relton will finally be revived. We left behind Rose-san’s shield and armor as well before heading to a tailor to buy everyone some ordinary clothes they can wear around town. As a result, we managed to make it to the Warrior Guild around noon.

Toslin asked to have a new adventurer’s license based on her rank certificate, but things took a while from there. The receptionist took one look at the certificate before turning around and heading to the back of the building. After a moment the guildmaster came out and began the confirmation work.

I’ve lived in this city my whole life, but since I’ve never had any use for the guild before, I don’t really know anybody here. But the other side must know me because he gave me a warm greeting.

“No no, you’re definitely angry. You’re making the same face Sarah always does when she’s sulking.”

After that, Toslin was issued a new license from the guild and was safely inducted as a level 17 vermillion topaz adventurer.

“…..I am not nearly as cute as Sarah-san.”

Rose-san averted her gaze and started to pout. It’s the same expression I’ve seen Sarah make countless time before. There’s only one reason I can think of why the always smiling Rose-san would make a face like that. It must be because I spread word of Rose-san’s heroic saga to all of the sisters.

“No, you look just like her. There, you lower your eyebrows whenever you feel bothered.”

The sun had fully risen, and with the exception of certain shaded areas, all the snow was melting from the warmer weather. The Water Dragon Tail still soaring through the sky only served to amplify the sun’s rays, causing the snow to melt faster than it would normally. Chances are, all the snow in the city will have completely melted by the time the Tail disappears in two weeks.

“…….really, I am not, angry. Just, very embarrassed.”

…….I see. What a Rose-sanish answer. Understanding so in my heart, I gave her a smile, laughed,

“Sorry ♪”

and finally apologized. Although I really don’t think I’m have the right expression to make that seem sincere.

“You do not seem to mean that apology.”

“No no, I do apologize. I really do think I’ve been bad.”

“Then if you could, just a little, make a face that looks apologetic……”

“But it is true that I’m happy. Rose-san was really wonderful at that time. The way you stood alone against a rampaging dragon, I certainly couldn’t have done that…… So after the sisters asked me to tell them about such a Rose-san……I’m just really happy other people are holding you in such high-esteem as well.”

Right now we’re headed to the inn where Rose-san and the others are staying for lunch. The cobblestone road is wet from the melted snow and shines from the reflected light. It’s beautiful, like we’re walking across the Anne Libretta right in the middle of town.