28

Chapter 5: Solretta
Section 1: Flower Blooming on the Snow
This is a tale about the everchanging world Van Delucia.
A world of swords and magic, knights and mages, fairies and dragon.
Here there are Gods, and there are Demons.
Here the mysteries are still mysteries, just waiting for someone to find the truth.

An adventurer setting off on a rainbow to climb the heavens.
An adventurer who brought a friend on a journey and challenged a dragon living in the sky.
And another adventurer who challenged a labyrinth in the clouds, defeating an evil mage and rescuing a fair princess.

In this world, there are many such epic tales grabbing the hearts of the adventurers who hear them.

However even in a strange and magical world like this, there are still people who are just trying to live their lives.
A Hero cannot live without bread, and without a people to lead there can be no princesses.
And without a bard to sing of its tale, how will any know about a dragon’s fearsome power?

The girl in this story was just one of many at first.
With no glorious honors or dazzling treasures, she is but an ordinary village girl.

I am Gustav.
Time Narrator Gustav.
My lord is a faithful servant of that ever fickle silence, so I act as their eloquent mouthpiece.

But I have grown tired of repeatedly telling the stories of natural born heroes and their great feats.
So for a bit of a distraction, let’s once more turn our eyes to this small girl.

*Tck Tck Tck*……..*Tck*

Riding on Goldmund’s back, a noise similar to two rocks scraping against each other sounded as I slowly turned my head to look behind me. I wasn’t cold. No, I was certainly cold, but that wasn’t the reason why my body had become petrified and found it hard to move.

“Eh?”

Finally a sound managed to escape my lips. But what came out was just an idiotic noise with no meaning, and I couldn’t find any words to go along with it.

“Ah, indeed. I see what’s going on. I presume…….Master is surprised to see me here and wondering how I came to suddenly be holding you.”

*Nod Nod*……*Nod*

I continued nodding my head over and over again from on top of Goldmund’s back. The person who has been monopolizing my gaze since a short time ago calmly nodded back before suddenly dancing forward and grabbing my hands.

“Wa, whoa whoa!?”

And then as I was about halfway down Goldmund’s saddle and halfway to safety, the woman reached her arms out and hugged me close.

“Kyaa!?”

“Ooh, Iris. Clever, sweet maiden and my master. Have you already forgotten my face, my voice?”

“…….no way…….. You, are you possibly Hadion?”¹

Being hugged so close, my head had gone completely blank, so somebody else had to ask on my behalf.

That person was Tosrillon F. Iriburgh. She was a slightly unusual eighteen year old elf onee-san who wears full plate armor and uses a long sword.

“Uwa, why did you come out? When did you summon her Iris?”

Meanwhile the girl who fearlessly walked up to the woman who was apparently Hadion and started poking her arm to see if she was really there is Carotayle. She’s a rare half and half werewolf girl and a very cute thief.