13

Chapter 2
Section 9: Coming Across Something Strange
“Um……..say that again. What are you doing?”

I understand the individual words she’s saying, but I’m ending up lost when they’re all put together to make a complete sentence. Toslin, Carol, and I were all sharing the same, blank look. Rose-san was the only one of us different. With her hands covering her mouth, she kept looking between Quinn-san and Lovas-san as her cheeks blushed a little.

“We are on a journey, traveling to find the ideal man.”

“No, I’m different……..”

“I called us bandits earlier because we really are thieves. Thieves who specialize in stealing the hearts of men!”

“No, that’s not really what my life is about…………”

“Although we’ve yet to make it off with our prize, we shan’t lose hope! Right Lutey?”

“Ah, yeah……..we just keep going………”

“A bolt went through my heart the moment I saw Quinn-chan. Ah, this man was to be my soulmate. But fate is cruel. Not only was he already married, he already had a child as well.”

Lovas-san received a handkerchief from Lutehorn to wipe away her tears.

“We were originally on our way to try out the nearby hot springs, but along the way we came across Quinn-san as he was getting attacked by goblins.”

“I fought with everything I had, but I was vastly outnumbered. I couldn’t protect Quinn-chan. So while doing our best to cover him, we brought the injured Quinn-chan here. It was only thanks to our luck that this was a fairy village and we were able to escape the goblins……..”

“We couldn’t move Quinn-san with how injured he was, and we couldn’t ask the village for any help because we saw a golem wandering around with the goblins. Honestly we were at a loss for what we should do.”

Apparently Lutehorn never noticed any dark elf either. Perhaps they really had already left………..as I was thinking that, Rose-san suddenly gave Lovas-san a very deep bow.

“So that is how it is………. Ah, I have fallen to a grave misunderstanding………. Please accept my humblest apologies.”

“Oh my it’s fine. It’s fine. It’s by your benevolence Quinn-chan could be saved in the first place. Rather I should be giving you my thanks.”

“That, what I’ve done is nothing compared to your selfless actions. It would be clear to anyone you are the one who saved his life. Ohh, Goddess, please bestow your blessings to these two. Shine your light to illuminate their path.”

Rose-san and Lovas-san were holding each others hands while handing out praise.

“Hold on Rose. I thought you weren’t allowed to talk to men?”

Toslin asked the very question I was wondering.

“Of course. That is certainly the case, but as Lovas-san is not a man, there is no issue.”

“Huh? Um, no………she certainly says she’s a woman, but no matter how I look at her……..”

“You cannot choose how your body changes any more than we can choose the environment we were born into. Being so, how can I criticize anyone who wishes to change something they never had any control over?”

Rose-san struck an awe-inspiring figure as Lovas-san looked up to her as if she were looking at a goddess made flesh.

“Rose-chan……… Do-Do you really think so?”