132

Chapter 13
Section 10: Classmate
[Iris]: “Um, I know it’s sudden, but I’m Iris Calvafon, and I will be a student here from now on. Thank you for having me everyone.”

Yosh. I was able to say the whole thing without biting me tongue.

(Will Lapris say anything unnecessary this time around too though? She’s staying quiet in my hair for now.)

Maybe I should’ve gently asked her to keep quiet before I walked into the classroom.

[Odette]: “Then, please take a seat in an empty chair.”

But so far it seems like my silent wish had made its way to Lapris as other than the quiet sound of her breathing, she hasn’t made so much as a peep from up there.

[Iris]: “Yes”

Whether I’m able to pull it off or not, I did my best to answer Odette-sensei in the most ladylike way possible.

The classroom floor was built within wooden floorboards in stark contrast to the marble bricks in the hallway. However these old, black floorboards were extensively polished down, creating a different kind of beauty that shined despite their age.

Now then, she said to take an empty seat, but taking a look around, that refers to most of the seats in the room.

I’ve been ignoring them until now to stop myself from feeling nervous, but now that my greeting is finished, I have to face my classmates.

There are fifteen students in this class. Sixteen if you count me.

Everyone is wearing matching uniforms, and obviously they are all women. And currently, they’re all curiously staring at me and my lack of a uniform.

The age range is all over the place from some who look younger than Carol and a couple who would already be a few years older than me.

I think I fall in the medium? Thank goodness. I’m not too young or too old.

(Ah, the sun’s shining over there, so maybe I’ll take the seat next to the window.)

It’s not as if I particularly like window seats. But I noticed that the sun had managed to break through the numerous branches and leaves of the trees planted outside and thought it would be nice.

[Iris]: “Is this spot taken?”

I still called out to the girl sitting at the desk next to it though. Even if the spot is empty, it’s possible  the person who normally sits here is absent from school today.

[Classmate]: “Y-Yes…… You are fine……..”

My classmate with loose green hair spilling down her shoulders gave me small, inarticulate answer as she avoided meeting my gaze with her own droopy eyes.

[Iris]: “Okay? Then…….”

(Huh, what is it this time?)

If I had to describe the girl sitting next to me based off this one interaction, I think I would say, “She’s the exact opposite of Charlie and Mycena.”

Of everyone that I’ve met in my life, hmm~……perhaps Plumrose-san would be the closest in comparison? Quiet and a bit squirrelly…….. Well, that doesn’t completely summarize Plumrose-san’s character, but I’m not sensing those same eccentricities from my new neighbor.

[Iris]: “I know I said this before, but I’m Iris Calvafon. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

[Lou]: “Ah, M-Mmm. I-I am Lu Voux Konfiks. N-Nice to meet you……..”