115

Chapter 12
Section 7: Transmitting Love
[Grimm]: “Then, Calvafon-sama is of the red rank, which means you are a red corundum adventurer?”

After that, we were guided to the church’s rear where the dining room for the sisters is located. It’s a room where over a hundred sisters might be eating together all at once, so it’s extremely large to make room for them.

I’m currently seated at one of the dozens of rectangular polished wooden tables all neatly lined up throughout the room. Tea and various confections are set at each table, giving the room a sweet yet refreshing aroma.

[Iris]: “Y-Yes. In Soletta Ritta, oh, that’s my hometown. It’s west of here, about a two week ride by carriage. So when I received my baptismal rites there, I was given the red rank.”

I’ve been answering people’s questions for thirty minutes now. In order to keep my mouth from drying out, I grabbed a sweet shaped like pink flower petals and washed it down with a cup of tea.

Woah, this candy……it’s really sweet. But there’s more to it than just that; it smells like a real flower. The tea is causing the candy to melt in my mouth, filling me with a flowery aroma. Meanwhile as I was left astonished by the gentle aroma that had made its way up to my nose, somebody immediately refilled my cup of tea as soon as I had set it back down on its saucer.

[Grimm]: “Pardon my rudeness, but you don’t look the type. As far as my eyes can tell, you seem like a perfectly ordinary girl.”

One of the warrior priestess with blonde hair tied back into a ponytail was sitting in the seat across from me at the table, er, I suppose she’s no longer a warrior priestess now that she’s a member of the Goddess Knights¹. Her name was definitely…….

[Iris]: “Grimm Lanselva”

[Grimm]: “Oh!? For you to remember my name, how fortuitous.”

She rose to her feet, giving me a dramatic bow while speaking in a playful tone.

[Iris]: “Oh, um……well, whenever you’re talking with me Lanselva-sama, you don’t really have to use a sama honorific…….”

[Milius]: “We can’t do that Calvafon-sama.”

[Grimm]: “Hey, Milius. I’m in the middle of a conversation here with Calvafon-sama. Don’t butt in.”

A beautiful woman with long black hair called Milius spoke up. I remember her last name was, Luotung.

[Milius]: “We know you were born and raised as a commoner. However, that was then. You are now the one whom the Goddess Knights serve. The one whom the Goddess Illya has entrusted her wish to.”

[Ruruka]: “So lightly speaking with you-sama² is something we absolutely must not do!”

It was a woman with short green hair who picked up where Luotung-sama dropped off. She had a unique name, so I remember it quite clearly. Ruruka Ruruka-sama. I’m pretty sure she’s the youngest member of the Goddess’s Knights. Maybe around Toslin’s age?

[Grimm]: “Oi, Ruruka. You’re being too over-familiar with your words.”

[Ruruka]: “Eh!? What part did I screw up?”

[Milius]: “My apologies Calvafon-sama. Ruruka was born on a continent far from this one, so she still has some difficulties with our language. I shall punish her severely for this later, so please, forgive her rudeness.”

[Ruruka]: “Aww, I messed up my words again…….”

Ruruka-sama sunk on top of the table and began to mope.