111

Chapter 12
Section 3: Everyone Together
Seeing the castle from the outside was amazing, but seeing it from the inside was spectacular.

The floor was inlaid with red velvet carpet that reached up to your ankles, and the walls were decorated with a countless number of paintings stretching from one end to the other.

Glancing upwards, there were a number of huge chandeliers hanging down at equal intervals, making the whole ceiling resemble a star-studded night sky.

[Iris]: “Somehow, I can’t come up with any words to describe this.”

[Carol]: “Me either”

[Lapris]: “Why do you need such a grandiose place if all you’re going to do is eat and sleep in here? You humans make no sense.”

Riding on the plush toy Unicorn’s back, Lapris scoffed at what she saw as Carol and I absentmindedly looked all around us with our mouths hanging wide open.

[Toslin]: “It’s all to save face. Otherwise diplomats from other countries would look down on them. If they’re giving off this much wealth and strength, only an idiot would want to pick a fight with them right?”

[Lapris]: “Hmm, so it’s that kind of thing?”

[Toslin]: “It’s that kind of thing.”

It’s all because of the wonderfully luxurious castle interior that Toslin and Lapris could come to an agreement without starting an argument for once.

If the day ever comes that they start a quarrel, go wild, and smash up some of these paintings and vases, we’re probably going to end up with a bill we’d have no hope of ever paying off.

(Just one of these paintings would surely cost all of the gems I received……)

I have no artistic sense nor any knowledge on the finer arts, but these paintings are giving off such a powerful opulent aura that even someone as uneducated as I could feel it.

[Toslin]: “Got it Carol? You’re not allowed to run around so long as we’re here.”

[Carol]: “I got it. I’m not an idiot you know.”

[Noelia]: “And over here, shall be your room for the duration of your stay.”

With that as an introduction, the maid Noelia-san walked aside a huge door and pushed it open to show us what laid inside.

[Carol]: “Uuooooh! This room’s huge!!”

[Toslin]: “Dang it, I just told you not to run around anywhere!! You really are an idiot!”

Carol completely forgot the promise she had made just a moment ago and leapt into the room.

[Lapris]: “Wow, what’s with this? This room alone is about the size of Iris’s house.”

Toslin went chasing after Carol while Lapris leisurely looked around as plush toy Unicorn trotted behind them.

[Noelia]: “………”

Noelia-san silently watched their backs without showing any sign of emotion on her face.

[Yuhanna]: “Well then, if you’ll excuse us, we must report our return to His Majesty.”

[Iris]: “Oh, okay. Thank you for seeing us all the way.”

[Yuhanna]: “Think nothing of it. I only wished to know where you and Rosalith were staying……. And Rosalith”

[Rose]: “Yes?”

Rose-san turned towards her aunt puzzled after her name had been called.

[Yuhanna]: “If you ever need anything, you can always ask me for help. Okay?”