146

Chapter 14
Section 10: Baby Chick
Eleonora Academy is a prestigious school.

All of my classmates are good people, and I managed to become friends with Lou-chan on my first day. Lunch is delicious, and I get to eat as much as I want.

Most of the lessons involve me reviewing things Grandpa already taught me, but every once in a while I come across something I don’t know, and it’s fun.

It’s fun getting to learn new things. It feels like my world is expanding.

[Iris]: “…..mumu”

So far the only black spot in my school life would be magic practice.

[Lapris]: “Hey, so……. What have you been doing since a while ago?”

I’ve been moaning to myself in a corner of the lab since practice started.

Lapris was sprawled out on the floor, yawning from how bored she was, but now that I’m finally focused, I don’t have the leeway to answer her.

[Iris]: “Mumu, Muu…….”

My body is currently filled with magic power. It’s like I’m a leather bag filled to the brim with water. All it would take is a little poke, and the little bag would crack and burst open. Well, metaphorically speaking. It’s not like my whole body is going to explode if someone touches me.

[Iris]: “Fu……”

Taking in a deep breath, I circulated my magic power through my body. I move it through my entire body and focus it into my arms. From there it flows down into my fingers, and from my fingers……it moves outwards.

The magic power that was full to bursting flowed out of my body.

It wasn’t something you could see, but I could feel it happening.

[Iris]: “…….”

I continued slowly spitting out magic power.

I provided my magic power a direction to flow in, having it move straight outwards from my fingers……or that was the idea at least.

[Lapris]: “Oh? What is that?”

Unlike me, Lapris is actually able to see magic power. So as I continued pushing my mana out of my fingers, she jumped to her feet shocked at what she was seeing.

[Iris]: “Magic power…….”

[Lapris]: “Hoh”

[Iris]: “I’m pushing it out”

[Lapris]: “No, I can see that”

After I managed to push everything out, I took another deep breath.

[Iris]: “Fu…..but, that’s all I’m doing. It’s pretty difficult just releasing magic power without turning it into a spell.”

There is an already established method for transforming magic power into a spell, so it is actually much easier than simply releasing magic power without any kind of purpose.

What I’m doing is like cooking without a recipe and expecting what I create to still be delicious.

[Iris]: “I need to keep increasing the things I can do.”

[Lapris]: “Did you learn that from your grandpa’s book? You were reading it in the dungeon.”

[Iris]: “He wrote down a lot of interesting things, and it’s fun reading through them.”

[Lapris]: “Hmph….. I can’t tell if you’re supposed to be a lazybones or a hard-worker.”

Lapris gave me something that was either a compliment or an insult, (I’m not sure which), as I once again began gathering my magic power inside my body.