179

Chapter 16
Section 9: What Dwells Within the Grimoire……..
[Sanz Wanz]: “Unforgivable? Fufu, what makes you say that? Have you not been watching? If so, what do you plan on doing about it?”

Sanz Wanz’s eyes focused on me as its body towered above.

Right now I am opposing a dragon whose name is etched in myth as a legendary beast that fought against the hero Ranroot a thousand years ago.

To be honest, I’m scared. My legs want to shake and buckle underneath me every time it glares at me. But, I can’t allow myself to be frightened.

There’s something I have to do here and now. And to do that, I……I won’t be scared away!

I already failed Linzflare-san when I couldn’t cut the connection between her and Sanz Wanz. I won’t fail again!!

[Iris]: “I now release the bonds on this world!!”

I shouted out while focusing my mana in my right arm. I reached out, gathering the particles of magic in the air while allowing the words of my spell to rise up from the depths of my mind.

[Iris]: “On behalf of the Goddess Illya, Iris Calvafon provides thou with binding shackles…….”

[Sanz Wanz]: “The Goddess……Illya? What do you intend, invoking that name here?”

My mind is being drawn in as if I am staring into a pool of water at night. The deep dark color of Sanz Wanz’s eyes narrow as it glares down on me.

Those steely eyes were probing me, but I continued my aria without minding it.

Particles of light were materializing in the air and gathering around my hand.

Each particle bent and folded in on itself, morphing into pieces paper with words and characters scrawled across the surface.

[Sanz Wanz]: “Impossible……is that, a book? A grimoire? There should be only one who can exercise the Nameless though……”

Sanz Wanz’s thoughts restlessly tumbled out of its mouth.

(The, Nameless?)

My ears just barely caught hold of a strange word before my mind sank into the grimoire’s abyss.

[Sanz Wanz]: “You, who are you!? Why do you have that grimoire!?”

[Lapris]: “Of course she’s got one!! This girl is Iris! She’s the master of grimoires!!”

Lapris popped out of my hair and answered for me. And so the huge Sanz Wanz fixated his gaze on the small woman.

[Sanz Wanz]: “…….I see. Then that unicorn……fairy, I assumed it was your servant…….”

[Lapris]: “Hah? Unicorn is my servant, but I’m not the one who calls her out.”

Sanz Wanz’s face distorted into a warped grimace the more Lapris spoke.

[Sanz Wanz]: “The architect of this abominable world drawn by the Goddess Illya…… Administrator of Reason…… Impossible, there’s no way it could exist in this era!!”

Sanz Wanz’s eyes popped open.

[Sanz Wanz]: “You……must be erased!! Immediately, no matter the cost!!”

And so it charged forward, looking to use its massive stone body to crush me where I stand.

[Saluena]: “Rosa, can you fight?”

[Rose]: “Yes, of course Onee-sama!!”

Asked by Saluena, Rose-san nodded.

That breath attack had severely burned Rose-san’s arm, but thanks to her healing miracle, she had already managed to recover.