185

Chapter 16
Section 15: Capital Defense – Epithet

[Iris]: "The Goddess Illya overwrites reason as commanded by Iris Calvafon!!"

The grimoire burned a bright red in my hand. When I turned the page, the flames burned even brighter as words rose to the surface.

[Iris]: "Absolute law established in the name of the Almighty. Long forgotten tower perched atop the solitary island of a distant sea. Princess of Life who illuminates the world, spread your wings to the summit!!"

[Grides]: ".....Calvafon-san? You, aren't supposed to be able to use magic......"

Grides's line of sight kept shifting between me and the fiery red bird in front of me. A color of astonishment was dyed in her eyes. I didn't have the leeway to give her an answer, my tongue too preoccupied with the words emerging from the sea of light.

[Iris]: "Subjugate those who would disrupt the peace with your sweltering flames! Grant us the divine protection of rekindled ash!!"

My mana was being sucked out of me while the flames swelled and expanded more and more.

The red flames eventually grew white and burned like the sun.

[Iris]: "My life, my name as a step, come forward.......Phoenix!"

Phoenix had curled herself into a ball when I first began my chant, but she now threw out her wings as if she were breaking out of a shell.

In that moment, a violent wave of heat spread outwards burning our skin and throats.

[Grides]: "A.....Phoenix?"

The light of the glowing grimoire continued funneling my mana into Phoenix.

Taking it all in, Phoenix unleashed a wave of light that restored life to all those it touched while simultaneously raising a merciless killing intent towards the enemy before her.

[Grides]: "A-An elementalist? No.....I've never heard of an elementalist being able to summon a phoenix before......"

Fully released as she is, Phoenix's size rivals that of Sanz Wanz's. The sight of her caused Grides-san to lose her sense of balance and stagger backwards.

[Rose]: "Are you all right Grides-san?"

Luckily Rose-san was close enough to catch her before she fell over.

[Grides]: "A-Auroll-sama......."

[Rose]: "Iris-san. Treatment for the injured is finished. I will be assisting some knights who arrived to help escort these people to the castle."

[Iris]: "Got it. Thank you"

Going tete-a-tete with Unicorn, Sanz Wanz made a huge leap backwards.

It then extended out its wings and took to the sky.

[Iris]: "All that's left is to beat Sanz Wanz."

[Grides]: "Sanz Wanz!? That.....she means that dragon Auroll-sama!?"

[Rose]: "Yes, she does. A ghost laid to rest a thousand years ago walks the world once more. But after today, its existence will disappear completely."

[Lapris]: "Oi, Iris!! It's escaping into the air!! Is Phoenix ready yet!?"

Lapris was yelling at me from a distance.

Phoenix is fully motivated. She taken in enough magic power.

And now that Rose-san has treated the injured and escorted them a safe enough distance away.....