126

Chapter 13
Section 4: Sharing Secrets
We shared a table with the king right after the audience was released, and other than the food being completely tasteless because of how stressed I was, the luncheon ended without incident. Afterwards though……

[Iris]: “LAPRISーーーーーーーーーー!?”

[Lapris]: “Uoh, what is it!? Has the stress finally driven you insane!?”

As soon as we came back to our room, I wrapped my hands around Lapris and rushed over to one corner of the room. I then brought my nose right in front of hers and dropped my voice down to a whisper.

[Iris]: “T-The king being a woman……is that true?”

[Lapris]: “Hah? You think I’m lying?”

[Iris]: “No, that…..I wasn’t thinking……”

[Lapris]: “I don’t know about the other fairies, but I can tell with one look whether someone’s a man or a woman. It’s like the color of their magic power is different or something? It’s more vivid.”

Lapris proudly explained something I didn’t understand. Or rather, something I didn’t want to understand.

Olivar-sama is a woman……. The king, is actually a queen…….

Suddenly feeling dizzy, I unsteadily took a couple steps back before sitting down on the bed.

[Lapris]: “Oi, if you get it already then let me go.”

[Carol]: “……so what were you two talking about?”

Carol inserted herself into the conversation by waving her hand between my and Lapris’s locked gazes.

[Iris]: “Ah, to be so innocent. How I wish I could go back to that time. When I was ignorant and knew nothing of the world.”

[Carol]: “Um……did somebody break Iris?”

Carol shook my shoulders as my soul left my mouth alongside my fragile voice.

[Rose]: “Iris-san? Has something happened?”

Rose-san walked over and sat down next to me.

I could feel the warmth of her body through my arm and remembered the moment we shared in front of the canal yesterday. And just like that, I realized I needed to keep this secret to myself no matter what……

[Iris]: “ROSE-SAN!! WHAT DO I DO!? I LEARNED SOMETHING OUTRAGEOUS!! AND THEY…….THEY’RE GOING TO THROW ME IN JAILLLLLL!!”

[Rose]: “Eh, EH!!?”

I clung to Rose-san’s waist as I sobbed.

[Iris]: “*Sniff*……….*hic*……..uuu……..”

[Rose]: “It’s okay, it’s all right. You have us here with you Iris-san.”

[Iris]: “Rose-san~……..”

I was still crying with my arms wrapped around Rose-san’s hips. My heart overflowing with guilt.

Because of my own weakness, I dragged Rose-san and everybody else down with me.

[Toslin]: “Heavens above, not just Ashel-sama but even Olivar-sama is a woman……”

Toslin was sunk down into the sofa with a face almost as pale as mine.

[Carol]: “But he had that thick, shaggy beard right? He’s almost certainly a man.”