156

Chapter 15
Section 6: Knight Tradition?
[Maculis]: “Well well, my oh my!! For you, to remember my name, I am all too honored!”

My brain wasn’t quite working right after unexpectedly being contacted by a high ranking noble.

Umm, since she’s higher ranked than me, this is the part where I’m supposed to bow right? Somehow everything I learned about how to do this properly slipped out my mind even though I just did it with Ashel-sama a moment ago.

[Rose]: “Good day to you Maculis-sama.”

While I was doing my best to knit back together the memories of something I had just done, Rose-san took a step next to me and greeted the marchioness.

(Ah, I see)

I remembered everything after seeing it performed in front of me. I imitated Rose-san’s bow in turn, but for some reason, it set off a round of laughter from Madam Maculis that made her whole plump body shake.

[Maculis]: “Well oh my, born a commoner, yet you remain this elegant! I will have to make sure my child follows suit! Ohohohohoho!!”

This…….am I supposed to be laughing with her, or…….?

My brain was once again overtaken by doubts and questions.

[Ashel]: “I was unaware you were coming Madam Maculis.”

Ashel-sama had been hanging back and walking with Saluena, but she quickly moved up to the front after seeing the marchioness.

[Maculis]: “Oh~ my, if it isn’t Prince Ashel.”

Thanks to the appearance of the prince, the marchioness’s gaze finally deviated off of me.

(I-I’m saved…..)

I thanked Ashel-sama in my heart, but not a minute had passed before Madam Maculis’s sharp eyes and purple eyeshadow were focused back on me.

[Maculis]: “My house and the Montifi earls are quite close. Grides-chan’s mother is my sister. I have doted on her since she was a little thing. So as her aunt, when I heard she had involved herself in a duel I knew I had to come and cheer her on no matter what!!”

[Iris]: “Yes, of course you would.”

So I’m the person who beat up your cute niece right in front of you. I have a real bad feeling for why you’d want to expressly call out to me.

[Maculis]: “Calvafon-sama. I was very impressed. Without lifting a finger you managed to completely shut-down Grides-chan’s hard-earned skills!! And without getting a scratch on you as well!! It was as if I were watching art in motion!! Calvafon-sama, you are just what I would expect from the dragon-slaying hero and the witch chosen by the Goddess!!”

Uwah, amazing. The pressure is amazing. Words keep flying out of her mouth so quickly there isn’t any room for me to say anything back.

[Maculis]: “You simply must stop by my home the next time you have an opportunity!! I would be more than happy to welcome you and all your friends!! Ohohohohoho!!”

As soon as she was finished saying what she wanted Madam Maculis spun on her heels and left as if it were a matter of course.

The other nobles spread out around us were stunned, but it didn’t look like she cared at all.

[Carol]: “Was that a declaration of war?”

[Toslin]: “I’m not sure…….nobles are weird. At the very least, if we do as she says and visit her, there is a non-zero chance we’ll end up stuffed into sacks and beaten with bats.”