178

Chapter 16
Section 8: Sorrow
When I turned around, Linzflare-san was standing up.

Her open, empty gaze was fixed on Sanz Wanz’s fallen body.

≪Sister!≫

≪Stop! Not yet!≫

Linzflare-san’s two sisters stood in front of her, jumping up and down while wildly waving their arms to try and get her to stop.

However their elder sister ignored their pleas and did her best to try and approach the dead dragon.

≪You must rest≫

≪Rest!≫

The injuries caused by Sanz Wanz had yet to heal with her left arm still being broken off.

Yet with her right arm, Linzflare-san brushed away Mippo and Moppo and stepped forward.

[Iris]: “R-Rose-san!? This……”

[Rose]: “I-I do not know! She should not be able to move yet……”

[???]: “Kuku…….Kukukukuku………. Why is everyone besides me acting so confused? …….So fascinating”

[Iris]: “――!?”

[Saluena]: “That voice……Sanz Wanz. So you still live?”

Saluena drew up her sword, ready to bring it down on Sanz Wanz’s decapitated head. However the dragon’s cheerful words made her hold.

[Sanz Wanz]: “Strike me down, and that spirit will perish as well. Are you fine with that?”

[Litzreich]: “…..What do you mean?”

Litzreich raised up her fist as well. However just like Saluena, she stayed her hand in response to what Sanz Wanz was saying.

[Sanz Wanz]: “……Kukuku, it’s simple. I had that spirit build my body. Perhaps Oshunel’s brainwashing is weakening as she failed to use all her energy in doing it…….however, it is clear to see between her will and her duty, which is superior.”

[Saluena]: “……So, you are responsible for this after all.”

After taking a sideways glance towards Linzflare-san’s injured body, a tinge of anger emerged in Saluena’s voice.

She then readied her blade to plunge it into Sanz Wanz’s body again.

[Sanz Wanz]: “Fufufu…..it would be wise to stop. Do you wish to save that spirit? But if you destroy my body, that spirit will inevitably attempt to save me. To fix my body once again, kukuku, she will literally sacrifice her own body to see it done!!”

The area above Sanz Wanz’s neck where Toslin had cut through began rapidly regenerating.

[Ashel]: “Oh no!! Iris! Cut the connection between Sanz Wanz and that spirit!!”

[Iris]: “!? Y-Yes!!”

I jumped at Ashel-sama’s words and raised my hand. Then with the Irma La Area techinque——I tried cutting off the magical connection between Sanz Wanz and Linzflare-san by using the Probe Spear.

[Lapris]: “……Oi……it’s no good!! The magical connection is too thick……it won’t break!!”

Lapris cried out, able to clearly see the magic power in the air.

[Iris]: “Such a…….”

[Lapris]: “Give it everything you’ve got! The spirit……she’s in danger. Her mana…….it’s all being drained away!!”