83

Chapter 9
Section 11: Waking From a Dream to Something Sweet

Chapter 9Section 11: Waking From a Dream to Something Sweet

There are two rings on my left hand.

Saluena’s dark violet ring, and Unicorn’s white porcelain one. And these rings take the shape of grimoires whenever I intend them to. In other words, at the end of my arm, on my fingers, is a library. And I am the grimoire master, the ruler of that library.

So if I can pull out a book, then the opposite, must be possible as well!!

“Ah…….Aaaah!?”

Grimoire Master 9.11

The ruby known as the dream gem continued to shine redder and redder. The carbuncle’s body which had already dissolved into a fiery mist is being sucked into my right hand.

The mist folds and condenses together, solidifying into dozens of pieces of paper stacking on top of themselves one after another.

What emerged from those freshly printed pages were the words I needed most. A powerful incantation to lock the carbuncle in my hand.

“On behalf of the Goddess Illya, Iris Calvafon wields the chains to shackle you in place.”

Everything the carbuncle is was derived from the red ruby. The power of a ruby is meant to be life itself. That power was inverted to represent death……so there’s only one thing I need to do. Force. It. Back.

“Wha-…….I’m being…….sucked in? I am, ah……my very soul……is being rewritten……..?”

The carbuncle’s body, which was already nothing more than a pale light, completely disappeared. Every particle of light that made up its existence was transformed into pieces of paper and compiled into a single book.

“Crimson flames hidden within the pure sphere. Light, bring forth cascading blood into a grand ocean.”

I seized the grimoire with my right hand. In that instant, a red stone embedded itself in the center of the grimoire’s cover.

That stone was the dream gem encircled by a silver binding. The characters scrawled across the pages wriggled and distorted themselves, as if the book itself was still trying to decide what should be written.

So I made the choice for it.

“It is the dawn that illuminates a new world. It is love that bestows grace and envelops everything. It is life which flows through and moves the world!!”

It wasn’t as bad as with Saluena, but I could still feel my magic power being sucked in. But, I can’t afford to faint here.

I had one more page, one more sentence that needed to be read aloud.

“By the name and power of Iris Calvafon, bestow upon those who would die in obscurity life and sound health once again!!”

I raised my grimoire which shined like the sun at dawn. And then from that light, a spirit emerged.