180

Chapter 16Section 10: Three Lovely SistersMippo and Moppo were deprived of their egos, sealed away for a thousand years, and ultimately……

Chapter 16
Section 10: Three Lovely Sisters
Mippo and Moppo were deprived of their egos, sealed away for a thousand years, and ultimately…….killed.

Despite all the pain they had already endured, when they thought about how their sister was still in trouble……they never once thought about escaping by themselves.

That’s why…….I will never forgive you.

That’s why, I won’t accept this.

(If this is how their story is meant to end, I will write them a new one!!)

I slid my finger across the cover and opened the pages of my new grimoire.

A light poured out from the fluttering pages as characters appeared before my eyes.

[Iris]: “Rick, Rick, Ton, Ton……Who are you? Who be you? I am in the green garden covered with shadows……”

A song with a unique rhythm.

A cheerful melody reflective of Mippo and Moppo’s personalities.

[Iris]: “Hey, won’t you dance with us? Isn’t it fine? Dance on and on……until the sun goes down. Isn’t dancing so much fun, fun, fun? Can’t everyone have fun, dancing and smiling together?”

I could feel those girls’ thoughts and emotions in each and every word.

[Iris]: “Hand in hand we’ll spin around, look, aren’t we already friends?”

Their honest wishes for something they haven’t been able to do in the last thousand years.

Those empty years of nothingness when it was impossible to laugh, play, or talk.

As if to make up for all that lost time, a huge ray of joyous light spilled from my grimoire.

And all of it was flowing into me.

(Yeah. Okay, let’s dance! Lots, with everyone together! Together with your sisters…….all together!!)

[Iris]: “Rick, Rick, Ton, Ton. Rick, Rick, Ton, Ton…….”

With each page I turned, the golden light converged further towards me.

[Sanz Wanz]: “I do not know what you are looking to summon, but I will not allow you to finish!!”

Sanz Wanz was growing agitated over the light that now filled the room and began flapping its four wings.

A strong pull hit my back as the wings were brought up, and then a strong wind meant to blow us away came crashing back down.

But before I was hit by the full brunt of the attack, a shadow passed over me.

[Rose]: “Goddess, hear my plea. Goddess, save my friend!!”

Rose-san’s solemn voice rang out as she rode Goldmund.

[Rose]: “Holy white flower!! With your authority at our backs, let your virtue thwart those who would do harm to our allies!!”