119

Chapter 12
Section 11: Wrapped in Kindness 1
All of this began one hour ago.

[Iris]: “Hufffff…….”

After finishing off breakfast, I sat down on a fluffy chair so criminally comfy, it would turn any normal person into a sluggified bum.

But that’s just me making excuses. No matter how slovenly I become, I refuse to be done in from sitting in a chair alone.

[Noelia]: “Calvafon-sama, would you like another cup of tea?”

[Iris]: “F-Fwee, yes please”

The real reason why my body is growing limper than a stick of melted butter is all thanks to Noelia-san’s tender care…….I mean, all the service she’s doing. For me. As a maid.

[Iris]: “Hwah……this tea smells so good, and it tastes delicious.”

[Noelia]: “I am honored by your praise.”

Speaking of butter, the honey lemon butter cream toast we had for breakfast this morning was positively divine.

A work of art no ordinary person could ever hope to replicate. Sticky bread soaked in a mixture of honey and lemon butter before being fried to a crisp, golden brown and then topped with a few grains of silver dragee. On Noelia-san’s recommendation, I took two of them.

My stomach already feels a little heavier because of it, but……but, it was s~uch a good time.

[Iris]: “Ouch…..”

Just as I was about to drift off into blissful sleep, a light pain ran through my shin that tore my consciousness back to cruel reality.

[Iris]: “Eh, what?”

After propping myself up in my chair, I looked down to find Unicorn in her plushie form down at my feet repeatedly kicking my shins with her hind legs.

[Iris]: “Hang on, Unicorn? What’s wrong?”

Normally she would be running around this way or that with Lapris or Phoenix riding on her back. But since she’s alone right now, is Plushie Unicorn looking to sleep with me like she always used to?

[Toslin]: “What did you do Iris?”

After finishing her after meal break, Toslin glanced over towards me while making some maintanence to Carol’s armor.

[Iris]: “I-I’m not sure. I was just drinking some tea when…..”

[Saluena]: “Maybe Sarah is burning with jealousy.”

Saluena was similarly making some adjustments to Rose-san’s armor.

[Iris]: “Heh? Sarah?”

[Rose]: “Fufu, perhaps seeing Noelia-san briskly taking such extensive care of Iris-san has made her a tad green with envy.”

Ah, I forgot. Sarah can hear and see anything Plushie Unicorn can.

Which means, right now I might as well be face to face with the real Sarah.

[Sarah]: “Can’t you at least try to keep yourself together when you’re not at home?”

Groan~, I’m positive that’s what Sarah is saying right now.

[Iris]: “Uuu, sorry Sarah.”

When I picked her up into my arms and apologized, Plushie Unicorn turned her head away from me.

[Iris]: “Aah, don’t be mad. Your onee-chan will shape up. I promise my slovenly days are over, okay?”

I tightly hugged Plushie Unicorn to my chest for a minute before she finally rubbed her cheek against mine.