154

Chapter 15
Section 4: Victory, And What Comes Next
[Grides]: “Li?”

Grides-san had frozen in my arms, repeating that same mysterious word.

She finally snapped out of it after I waved a hand in front of her face, but that only lead to her turning a crazed look onto me.

[Grides]: “Y-You…….who do you think you are speaking to Rinrin-sama like that!?”

……..and just when I was wondering what was wrong, that was the first thing she had to say.

[Iris]: “Eh……even if you ask me that……”

I almost forgot, Odette-sensei seemed pretty surprised when I brought up Litzreich my first day here as well.

[Litzreich]: “It’s fine. Iris is the woman who will become my wife in the future. I would be troubled if she felt too stiff around me.”

[Iris]: “I don’t remember ever agreeing to that.”

[Litzreich]: “How could you say that? Don’t you remember that day you dug your nails into my unblemished skin?”

[Grides]: “You, what……..nails!?”

[Iris]: “Quit saying misleading things. And don’t believe everything she says Grides-san.”

Sure Litzreich was technically right however it wasn’t so much her skin as her magic armor, and it wasn’t my nails but Phoenix’s claws.¹

[Litzreich]: “Kukuku, sorry sorry. Grides-san’s reactions were more meek than yours, so I had a little fun teasing her.”

Do you two know each other? is what I was about to ask, but then I suddenly remembered that Litzreich is actually a teacher here and the deputy head of the Shirayuri Knights.

With Grides-san being a student and someone who is looking to join the Shirayuri Knights after she graduates, I suppose it’s only natural they would be at least acquaintances.

[Iris]: “Which means, since you knew her, couldn’t you have stepped in and talked things down?”

Litzreich laughed and blew me a kiss in response to my simmering resentment.

[Litzreich]: “I thought it would be a good time to measure Grides-san’s power.”

Litzreich’s eyes slipped from me to Grides-san.

In response, Grides-san immediately shook off my arm and fell to her knees right on the spot.

[Grides]: “I have shown you an unsightly battle, and I have no excuse………”

Woah, that Grides-san is suddenly acting quiet and meek.

I know Litzreich is one of the school’s professors and the deputy head of the Shirayuri Knights, but I wonder if she has some other kinds of titles that make her important.

Well, I doubt anything can change my impression of her at this point.

[Litzreich]: “Not at all. You performed admirably, but unfortunately it was a poor match-up for you.”

Litzreich narrowed her eyes and gently patted Grides-san’s shoulders as she continued kneeling down.

[Litzreich]: “It was a one-on-one battle with the restrictive rules of the duel in place……there are probably only five witches in the country who could beat Iris in that situation.”

Grides-san’s head shot up and stared at Litzreich in disbelief before turning towards me. She seems to hold Litzreich in high regard, so what she said must have surely shocked her.