69

Chapter 8
Section 6: Fairy Feathers
First off we must head to the city’s wall and deal with the ents marching on the city.

With Saluena’s face at the edge of my vision, I watched the city scenery pass me by while listening to the exhilarating sound of galloping hooves beating against cobblestone.

“Oi Iris. Long time no see.”

That was when a voice came down from atop my head.

“Oh, so it really was you Lapris. You had the same face and were wearing the same clothes, but the way you talked was so different I thought you were somebody else. Er, some other fairy I mean?”

“I talk the way I talk because I like talking that way. Hmph, but when appearing on behalf of the Goddess, it wouldn’t be proper if I talked however I wanted.”

“Ahaha, yeah, it wouldn’t. But, I’m happy to see you again.”

“If possible I was really hoping I wouldn’t see you again for a long time. But well, I did give you one of my feathers. I didn’t have much other choice than to answer the call.”

Lapris grabbed some of my hair and shimmied her way down to my shoulder. Speaking of which, she did give me a small rainbow-colored feather when we parted ways last time. I figured I would be in a lot of trouble if I lost it, so I’ve been keeping it in a small bag which I’ve been wearing around my neck. Is it because of that feather then that we were able to meet like this?

“Hoh, Iris. You’ve have a fairy feather?”

“Yeah. She gave it to me when I left Relton village.”

“Haah? That reminds me you, I don’t recognize your face. They were calling you Saluena, but who are you to Iris?”

Instead of using her wings to fly, Lapris stood up straight on my shoulder before reaching out and slapping the back of her hand against Saluena’s cheek again and again.

“Let me tell you, I’ve known Iris longer than you have. In other words, that makes you the newcomer and me the senpai. So whenever speaking to me, be sure to put ‘san’ after my name, you got it? It’s Lapris-san, capisce?”

“Ah, wai-…….Lapris. What are you talking about? You’ve met her before. She’s Hadion.”

“……….huh?”

Lapris’s self-important attitude melted away as the hand she was using to repeatedly slap Saluena’s cheek froze in place. Her face meanwhile had lost all color, and it’s probably not because of the wind whipping past us.

“No……..N-N-N-N-N-No……..Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-You’re, lying……..w-w-w-hy, why…….Ha-Ha-Had……..”

“Woah! You’re going to fall if you don’t hold on tight!”

Lapris let go of my hair and almost tumbled right off my shoulder. I managed to grab her out of the air, but because I grabbed her by her feet in a panic, her skirt flipped up revealing her cute underwear underneath. If I don’t hurry up and put her right-side up, I’m going to end up labeled as a complete pervert. By the way, they were light pink with frills, but you didn’t hear that from me. Is it surprising that she has such a girlish side to her?

“Hold on properly or use your wings to fly. We don’t have the time to stop and pick you up right now.”

“Yes, I’m sorry!! I’m also sorry for my impertinence!! So please don’t kill me!!”

Uwa, she changed her tune so fast. She was just ordering Saluena to start using ‘san’ with her name, and now she’s using that same breath to apologize like a kid who has their hand in the cookie jar.