177

Chapter 16
Section 7: Remnants from a Millenia Ago
The next moment, a back slipped inside my gaze.

Their shoulders weren’t as broad as Saluena’s, and they didn’t exude that same level of strength as Rose-san’s did.

[Ashel]: “If you truly are Sanz Wanz……I should be your first target.”

At a glance, it looked thin, almost delicate.

[Ashel]: “High and sturdy wall of rock, castle keep that wards me from harm.”

Ashel-sama drew out her sword and swung upwards, tracing a line through the open air.

*Whoosh*…….a soft sound passed through my ear as the steel cut through the air.

And then immediately afterwards…….*ZUO*!! The stone floor at our feet shot out of the ground and formed a solid wall in front of us. It acted as a barrier, and the blue magma breath split to the left and right around us.

The powerful stone wall stood its ground, not breaking apart until after Sanz Wanz’s breath had subsided and an extra second had passed.

[Ashel]: “……..My name is Ashel. Ashel Lu Aude…….Oshunel. Descendant of Ranroot, the mighty king who drove you back and sealed you away all those years ago”

[Sanz Wanz]: “――!? Ranroot……? Ran, root…….. Hoh?”

Both of Sanz Wanz’s eyes refocused, a steady glare focusing squarely on Ashel-sama’s figure.

[Carol]: “This bastard…….how does it keep regrowing its eyes after I keep smashing them!?”

Carol deftly landed on her feet after being blown away from earlier.

[Carol]: “Iris, you’re not hurt are you?”

[Iris]: “I-I’m fine…… Ashel-sama is capable of using magic too……. I never knew.”

[Ashel]: “Well, I intended to hide it, so I would be worried if you did know. In truth, I am better at using magic than wielding a sword.”

The leftover blue magma blocked by the wall is flowing at our backs, moving away from us.

[Ashel]: “Anyhow, Carotayle-san, let us shift positions. I will take the front and seal away its breath.”

Ashel-sama didn’t wait to hear Carol’s reply and immediately charged towards Sanz Wanz.

[Ashel]: “Come, if you resent the blood of the hero……then just try and defeat me!”

Descendent to the hero Ranroot and child to the current king King Olivar, people praise Ashel-sama as a “hero” herself.

So why does she carry the title of Brave instead?

Supposedly it has something to do with her temperament.

[Ashel]: “Uoooooooooooooh!”

A fierce roar far beyond anything I could imagine coming from that usual melancholy smile rose up from the pit of her stomach.

[Sanz Wanz]: “Ranroot….. I haven’t forgotten…… You penetrated through my scales……left me for dead…….you puny human!!”

Sanz Wanz lifted up one of its thick arms and brought down its razor sharp claws crashing down towards Ashel-sama.

However instead of trying to avoid the attack, Ashel-sama leapt forward into Sanz Wanz’s chest.

[Carol]: “Woah, this prince is pretty insane.”