103

Chapter 11: Royal Academy
Section 5: Fairy Lake
(This is……..Rifront?)

My dream was short but vivid.

In my dream, I am standing at the edge of the Fairy’s Tear–the lake from which this town got its name.

After a moment passed, the lake’s surface broke, and a fairy appeared. That fairy began fluttering about, dancing across the water as if she knew I had been standing there from the very beginning.

And then after taking a deep breath, the fairy came close, and smiled. A soft smile, no different from the one Rose-san always turns my way.

The fairy kept smiling, never saying anything.

The dream me never said anything either. I just stood there, staring down at her confused.

After some time had passed, the fairy pointed at my left hand. I nervously held it out to her, and the fairy touched the dark violet ring on my ring finger.

After that…….the fairy turned to leave. She once again began to dance, slowly making her way back towards the center of the lake.

“Who are you?”

The dream me finally managed to ask a question, but I never got a response back.

The fairy slowly melted into a thin fog cast on the other side of the lake…….until disappearing completely as if she had never been there to begin with.

“Haa……”

And then, I woke up.

Lifting myself up, I glanced out the window. It was still kind of dark outside, but the first rays of the sun were starting to break across the horizon. It would just be a little longer before the sun would rise and shine across the nearby lake.

The memory of my dream rushed back to me all at once suddenly, and I immediately looked down at my left hand.

My dark violent ring was there just as it always is. So was Unicorn’s porcelain white ring and the silver ring with the flower etched into it that I got from the church.

“Mm……morning already?”

“There’s still some time. Sorry, did I wake you?”

“Mm~m. I’m happy about it though. Hey hey, could you keep me warm until the sun is up?”

Her hair a little disheveled, Charlie threw her arms around me and pulled me back down into bed.

“Wawaaaaah!?”

“Haa, Iris……you’re so warm.”

“Charlie sure gets lonely easily.”

“Yes well, I’m an only child.”

Now that I think about it, Lapris said yesterday I hug my friends a little too much.

“Fua……Iris. You’re definitely coming back to see me again right? It’s a promise?”

But, I can’t just bluntly push away someone who is so sincere with me. And it’s Charlie, so it’s fine.

“Yep. Definitely. I promise. It’s all right. There’s no need to worry Charlie.”

I held her close, burying my face into her sweet smelling hair and kissed the top of her head.

This always helped to calm Sarah down whenever she wants me to spoil her.