153

Chapter 15
Section 3: After the Duel……
Grides-san’s knees fell to the ground.

Her complexion has turned a ghastly pale after using up all her mana, but she’s somehow still able to stay conscious. Is this because of her pride as a noble too?

[Grides]: “Haa, Haa…….my magic…….why isn’t it working……”

Grides-san tried to rise up. To stand on her own two feet and continue the duel. But she could barely lift her head. Once she fell back to the ground, both her knees and hands were planted into the dirt. At that moment…..this match became officially decided.

[Odette]: “T-That’s it!”

Odette-sensei broke in between us and formally declared the duel over.

[Odette]: “It is my personal judgement that continuing the battle would be dangerous for Grides Montifi. Therefore, this duel is Iris Calvafon’s victory!”

A hush had fallen over the crowd. However as our teacher’s echoing voice faded into the distance, all my classmates rushed over to me.

“Kyaa——! Calvafon-san~!!”

“Amazing, spectacular!! You beat Montifi-san!! What in the world did you do!?”

“What was up with that thing at the end? It mas like all her magic power suddenly disappeared……”

My classmates still haven’t gotten over their habit of bombarding me with a dozen questions all at once.

But for the time being, I shared in their excitement and high fived each and every single one of them.

[Lou]: “Airi-chan!!”

Lou-chan rushed through the crowd and threw her arms around me. I had raised my arms to give her a high five as well, but with nowhere else for my hands to go, I hugged her back.

[Lou]: “I’m so glad you didn’t get hurt…..”

Lou-chan is more worried about my well-being than my win. I tightened my hold around her, rubbing my hands against her back.

[Iris]: “Yeah. I told you I would be alright. I had to keep my promise.”

Lou-chan’s body felt delicate in my arms. She’s smaller than she looks.

[Lou]: “Um, Airi-chan……thank you, for fighting for me. And thank you for winning!!”

[Iris]: “If I’m going to fight, I’m going to aim for victory. I didn’t want to have to see you leave.”

Perhaps only now realizing she was hugging me, Lou-chan suddenly jumped back away from me.

[Lou]: “Ah, s-sorry…… I hugged you…..”

[Iris]: “You don’t need to be sorry. Do you want to borrow my handkerchief?”

[Lou]: “Au, I’m okay! I have my own!”

Realizing she was crying again, Lou-chan hurriedly waved both her hands in front of her face after I offered her a handkerchief.

And despite claiming to already have one, she immediately began wiping her eyes with her cuffs.

[Grides]: “……Calvafon-san”

When the voice came to our ears, my classmates naturally broke to the left and right to make a path.

Once everyone had moved out of the way, there stood Grides-san standing just outside the crowd.

[Iris]: “…….Grides-san”