133

Chapter 13
Section 11: Ribbon
My second morning after enrolling in Eleonora Academy.

I put on the school uniform custom tailored by the castle’s fifty seamstresses and traveled to the school’s gate with Rose-san and the others seeing me through the gate.

[Classmate A]: “Good morning”

[Classmates B]: “Good morning♪“

Unlike yesterday where I came to school later on in the day, this morning the school’s front courtyard was fill with young ladies.

Just like Noelia-san had said, the benches and pavilions scattered across the school’s garden were filled with bright smiling girls all waiting for their classes to begin.

Then as I walked along, giving a sideways glance as these young ladies broke into friendly conversation like flowers in bloom,

“Ah, Calvafon-san”

[Iris]: “Uwaa!?”

that was when out of nowhere, a voice suddenly called my name from a bed of sweet peas on my left.

“Good morning.”

The classmate gave me the same polite greeting I’d been hearing all over the place since I got here.

Like a lady, like a lady……..

After returning to my room last night, I asked everyone what I should do to act more ladylike.

[Saluena]: “You’re already lovely enough as you are.”

I expected that response from Saluena.

[Toslin]: “Hm~. I’m not exactly a good person to be asking………”

That one was from Toslin.

[Carol]: “Ladylike? Iris? Pufufufufu”

The slightly rude response came from Carol.

[Lapris]: “It’s impossible for you, so just give up.”

The extremely rude response came from Lapris.

[Rose]: “Let me see. Straighten your back, lift your chin up, and lean your face forward a little when looking at another person. Do not bow your head at that point. Stay firm and look directly at the other person while smiling without showing your teeth. Yes, just like that. Very cute.”

And that was Rose-san’s advice. But, I’m aiming to be ladylike, not cute right? There was one point there that had me worried, but since Rose-san was the only one to give me any useful advice on being a lady, I had nothing to compare it with.

Afterwards though, I had Rose-san and Noelia-san spend a whole hour with me last night drilling ladylike behavior into my head.

That’s why I should be able to do it now. Ladylike behavior is within my grasp!!

[Iris]: “G-Good morning”

[Carol]: “Pwah!?”

Somewhere behind me, I heard somebody–probably Carol–burst into laughter.

[Lapris]: “So unnatural”

Followed by Lapris muttering that in my ear.

“Ara, what a beautiful uniform. The quality of the fabric appears to be much higher than our own. Where did you have it made?”

“Oh my, indeed. Your uniform suits you so well Calvafon-san.”

But, where’s the but? Surprisingly, the other girls kept talking without saying anything about it. It seems that Carol and Lapris’s laughter is just them being them.